Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile Thomas cook - thoughts

We flew with TC for the first time this holiday, just DD and I and though I have no major complaints, I think it’s the last time for us.

We flew to Spain for a long weekend earlier in the summer, there with Jet2 and back with Ryanair and I have to say that the seats on both those flights were far superior than those on the TC flight. Though there is quite a bit of leg room, I think this is partly due to the seats being so small...they were like bus seats. I looked at the premium seats and to be honest they didn’t look great either so I didn’t bother upgrading for the flight back and DD did manage 6 hours sleep (cramped up against me sitting on the edge of my seat) though every time I dropped off the stewards woke me to try to sell me drinks or duty free.

The entertainment is ok, the upgrade a bit of a rip off but you do get a lot of extra films and tv series to access.

I don’t drink on flights but paying £2 for a bottle of water was a little annoying.

So overall not unpleasant but not one I’d repeat even if the price was cheap I think
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

I think TC is very good value, but I'll choose my next flights based on a combination of many different things - their lack of IFE isn't one, as I'd rather take my own.

As planes are refurbished or new stock bought, you'll find these thinner seats everywhere. It's a way to give slightly more room but still cram as many people in as possible

I agree £2 is steep for water, but if the flight comes in £50-£100 cheaper than another airline, at least you can make a fair comparison. Nothing is 'free' on other airlines, you've just paid for it in the price. We all make these calls every time we buy.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nedsram4
Helping Minnie

Each to there own but I love Thomas cook hope they stay around as I love flying with them always good value
Nedsram4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

just prevented DD from changing her sterling to euros for her holiday in TC - in store rate was virtually Euros for pounds - would have got 4p back from £200 for 200Euros. Rip off...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
For short haul flights I agree that the likes of Jet2 are better. They are usually cheaper and provide a better service.

Unfortunately Jet2 don't fly to Orlando. TC tends to be a lot cheaper than Virgin whenever I've looked. Hence, to Orlando, we'll fly with TC.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by baboons View Post
As planes are refurbished or new stock bought, you'll find these thinner seats everywhere. It's a way to give slightly more room but still cram as many people in as possible
I dread to think of what people will say when they replace the VA 747 fleet with the A350's with skinny seats..
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We love Thomas cook, fly to Orlando all the time with them. They may not have the best entertainment in economy but it is a nominal fee to upgrade, all airlines food leaves a lot to be desired and I think Thomas cook us better than done. I have no issue with the seats and find the staff really attentive. You can always take water with you, I think you will find it is the same price in whsmith in the airport but from what I save on the cost of the flights I would have no problem paying for a bottle or two of water. I am just happy I have found an airline that meets my family's needs at a great price.

Edited at 07:16 PM.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
I have never had a problem with Thomas Cook more bodies on flights is better for the environment and the seat pitch has never been aproblem for my 6ft 2 husband,£6 is nothing to pay to upgrade the ife and the saving direct compared to virgin wins it for me!
I also find the FA on Virgin rude and uninterested where as the FA on Thomas Cook have always been lovely!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

That's a shame OP, we flew Thomas Cook and loved the whole experience.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I was looking at TC flights this week to Orlando as they seem pretty cheap, my concern is if I book for next year will they still be around...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List