Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
potts81
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay- Standard rooms in November

Hi all,

I'm looking at end of November for my Daughter's 18th and 21st birthday's.

I have found identical deals at both SL and NPB with about £10 difference!

As four adults the budget will not push to an upgrade, so will be basic rooms.

We will be coming up the night before after work via Eurostar and transfers, if we choose NPB we will stay at Hipark as only 15 mins walk in the morning over to NPB, but if SL I have found a deal on booking.com so will go there and stay there.

By reading reviews I was swaying towards SL as will be more special at that time of year, but my DH looked at pictures and thinks NPB looks much nicer.

So my question is if price is basically the same going on basic rooms and that it is a November trip which would you pick?

TIA
potts81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
In November it would be Sequoia Lodge for me - love the cosy feel it has at this time of year 😊
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
potts81

Mobile

See I think it maybe better at SL in winter but I'm having a hard time convincing the DH.
Also some work being done at SL which I guess is in hold at moment till DLP open again.
Is there any extra benefit of NPB as looks like its on par for facilities with SL.
potts81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Sequoia is nicer in winter but npb is a better hotel but the biggest hotel onsite. Weve never been to npb but would love to go.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
potts81

Mobile

So would you pick SL over NPB for November?
Old 18 Apr 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We've stayed in both and preferred SL - the atmosphere and theming is more 'us', and it felt like a closer walk to the parks too! We last stayed at NPB the week before the Christmas decorations went up, in early November, and last at SL in February when we had a TON of snow!

Also, all of us adults agreed we thought the beds in NPB were very hard, the ones in SL much comfier!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

We've stayed at both and definitely prefer Sequoia, especially at Christmas time. Newport Bay was always so manic. Although we did really enjoy eating at Cape Cod, but again that was super busy too.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We loved NPC but booked sequoia last Xmas as it was recommended to be a nicer themed hotel for winter. It was ok, breakfast was better than I expected and the communal areas nice but I didn’t realise how far away our room would be and the room was very tired and dated. We have booked NPC again for next year.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We have stayed in both and I have to agree with others that Sequoia Lodge is definitely much more suitable for a winter break... it's so cosy!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
livvipivvi
Trying for More Ears

We haven't stayed at NPB yet, but have booked for July...not that there's much chance of going now , but I really liked the look of it for a summer break. We stayed in SL between Christmas and New Year and the theme was perfect and would definitely go for there over NPB in the winter.

I know you said that you would be staying in the standard rooms, but if staying in SL, I really would recommend trying to push to a standard room, near hotel facilities if you can. You should be in the main building then, which is much better during the winter and will probably improve your overall enjoyment of the hotel, especially if its poor weather.

Whichever you go for, I hope you have an amazing time!
August 2018 WDW - POFQ & AK
July 2020 DLP - NPB
livvipivvi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List