Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 May 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
DLP Half Marathon weekend

Just wondering if anyone on here was doing this and if they had any thoughts on whether or not it would be going ahead. If it is going ahead would you still do it?

I'd really like to have something to look forward to and plan but don't want to get my hopes up
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
Just wondering if anyone on here was doing this and if they had any thoughts on whether or not it would be going ahead. If it is going ahead would you still do it?

I'd really like to have something to look forward to and plan but don't want to get my hopes up
I wouldn’t have thought so. Too many people in a small area at the start?
I would really love to do this at some point but don5 see my husband agreeing.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm booked to stay onsite & run all the races for the 5th year in a row In all honesty I hope it will happen but I'm not optimistic that it will. But if it does go ahead & borders are open I will be there!

Berlin marathon was supposed to be on the same day as the rundisney half but that has been cancelled as Germany have banned gatherings over 5000 people until the end of Oct. Last I read France were looking to ban gatherings over 5000 until at least September so its going to be close.

Personally I wouldn't make a new booking now as the french government has introduced a law so the travel industry is only issuing vouchers for cancelled trips not refunds. I've also been told that most travel insurance companies are not covering coronavirus on new bookings as it is a known risk.
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s really tricky. We are booked to go through a package but our original flights (Flybe!) are obviously cancelled and there are absolutely no local flights for sale any more - and even if there were I don’t think I would have much confidence they’ll actually be going on the day / time they say as there is so much flight consolidation.

So I’m very reluctant to spend any money on flights that aren’t convenient that may not even go but our package final payment is coming soon.

I honestly can’t see how the event can go ahead with the number of participants.
Old 8 May 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
doombuggy
Excited about Disney

I booked a room using my DVC points earlier this year but could not get a bib attached to it. I have been waiting for the registration release which was supposed to happen in April, now the rumor is June. I don't have a flight booked, and the one I was looking at is no longer on the schedule.

I think this is going to hinge on the decisions of the French government. The race will be the next one on runDisney's docket...

I sent a message to runDisney yesterday asking if they are considering allowing half or full marathons run in 2020 to "count" towards the C2C medal if they don't have this race in Paris this year...I ran in January's half specifically to try for a C2C... being furloughed from my Disney job, can't afford to drop another $188 again for another half here because of this...
1974-1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW*1994 Contemporary*1997 WDW*1997 Poly* 1998 DL PAC*1999 DL DH*2000 Coronado/PO*2001 WDW*2002 DL DH*2002 WDW HHB*2003 POR*2003 WDW HHB*2004 Moved to Orlando*2006 DVC*2006 DLR*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 GCH*2009 BLT*2009 AKL*2010 OKW*2010 SSR*2010 DLP DLH*2011 BLT*2011 AKL Kidani*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC*2017 VGC*2017 VGF*2017 SDL & TDR*2019 HKDL Hollywood Hotel*2020 Contemporary TPV
doombuggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just seen on the DLP report account on Twitter (not affiliated with DLP but usually correct with their news) that the race weekend is cancelled.

No official word from DLP yet but I'd expect it very soon.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
Just seen on the DLP report account on Twitter (not affiliated with DLP but usually correct with their news) that the race weekend is cancelled.

No official word from DLP yet but I'd expect it very soon.
Officially 'postponed to Fall 2021' on run.disneylandparis.com

If you have a booking you HAVE to let them know (via an online form) which of the available options you want to go for otherwise it will automatically be cancelled and refunded.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List