Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 May 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Starwars, Frozen Lands...

With the changes that are going to have to happen over the coming months, years even. Do you think these lands will still be built to the original plan or do you think they might scale them back, rethink in some way?
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DaisyDuckie
Trainee Dibber

I had this thought too, saw somewhere that Disney will be looking to save 900 billion dollars. I guess it depends on how far on the progress is, some projects may be delayed and some scaled back.

How far along is the expansion?
Old 14 May 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

900 billion, you sure it's not 900 million..

Seems rather a lot to want to save...
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
900 billion, you sure it's not 900 million..

Seems rather a lot to want to save...
Has to have been a mistake somewhere, Disney as a company have a little under $70 billion (US) turn over.

Though they are saving supposedly $500 million a month by furloughing staff, but clearly $900 billion is not an error.

In relation to the new lands, I would hope they try to continue at speed as getting them open increases space and potentially capacity if they are restricted in visitor numbers for quite some time. If they are going to be doing the expansion anyway (it's started and I imagine they have contracts for the construction) surely it makes more sense to push on as opposed to delay?

I mean, they have deep pockets and it's not like they are keeping their staff on out off their own money at the moment.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Even before the Covid-19 issues there were strong rumours coming out that the Star Wars Land at DLP wouldn’t be going ahead. This was thought to be due to the company being disappointed with the financial returns from the two lands in the US parks, however after Rise of Resistance opened this could well have changed.

The Marvel expansion was well under way, and whilst work stopped it should still be completed and opened at some point in 2021.

The Frozen expansion and the new lake received planning permission quite recently and work seems to have re-started on the groundworks in the last few days.

Star Wars was always due to be the last of the expansion phases and planning permission hasn’t been applied for yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DaisyDuckie
Trainee Dibber

Sorry that was my mistake, I meant to say 900$ million.
They plan on making 900$ million spending cuts. The article mentioned WDW projects so don’t know if it will directly effect DLP, hopefully not.
Old 15 May 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
I’m pretty sure that they were building something when we were there in March- down near the Cars show. Don’t know what it was though.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Even before the Covid-19 issues there were strong rumours coming out that the Star Wars Land at DLP wouldn’t be going ahead.
Terrible news! Was the bit I was really looking forward to.

This was thought to be due to the company being disappointed with the financial returns from the two lands in the US parks, however after Rise of Resistance opened this could well have changed.
There was suggestions that it was less busy as people were avoiding it initially expecting it to be too busy. Hopefully it evens out to make worth while continuing.

The Marvel expansion was well under way, and whilst work stopped it should still be completed and opened at some point in 2021.

...the groundworks in the last few days.
Good to know.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List