Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Was that the date Molly was supposed to return or later? I think they will all be happy to return after the long summer break 😀 I would imagine Molly’s placements will all go ahead as they are vital for her so there will only be lectures online. Georgia was pleased as Bristol said lab lessons would be delivered. She feels she missed a lot of important information by missing out on those last term and was worried about missing more
I think she was originally supposed to be back the week before, she is waiting to hear if she will get any extra time in hospital placements as she has missed 14 weeks of that.
They do need need their practical time as well as their lectures so fingers crossed they can catch up 🤞
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
DD doesn’t know dates yet but like Georgia, her uni have confirmed that lectures will be on line to start.

She’s a bit concerned as she’s transferring to Cardiff and thinks it’s going to be more difficult to meet people. But she’s a very friendly girl so I’m hoping she’ll be ok and hopefully by the time she starts back, restrictions will have eased more.

Our priority at the moment is to get her car as she’ll be commuting. We had planned to get one by now so she could practice the route. Hopefully in the next Welsh review we may get some news about garages opening.

I think she’s starting to struggle more now as all her uni work is finished so it’s harder to fill her days. At least now she can see her boyfriend but that’s not the same with the two metre rule.

Melbatb - I’m sure you’re going to have a lovely reunion when your son arrives home.
Glad to hear everyone is well and happy. Kate is looking forward to moving to Cardiff(USW) and currently looking for a job with no success!
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I think she was originally supposed to be back the week before, she is waiting to hear if she will get any extra time in hospital placements as she has missed 14 weeks of that.
They do need need their practical time as well as their lectures so fingers crossed they can catch up 🤞
I do hope she manages to catch up with her placements. The field trips Georgia missed last year won’t be available for her this year so sadly she’s missed her opportunity to study bird poo 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
Glad to hear everyone is well and happy. Kate is looking forward to moving to Cardiff(USW) and currently looking for a job with no success!
Does she know if USW is starting back at usual date or later? I do hope she manages to find a job. I would imagine that the are usually plenty of opportunities in Cardiff with all the shops, bars and restaurants but until they reopen here in Wales she won’t be able to find a lot of them hiring 😔
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Does she know if USW is starting back at usual date or later? I do hope she manages to find a job. I would imagine that the are usually plenty of opportunities in Cardiff with all the shops, bars and restaurants but until they reopen here in Wales she won’t be able to find a lot of them hiring 😔
No news yet, it’s such an uncertain time for them all. Has Georgia had a date? How is she managing with accommodation?
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
No news yet, it’s such an uncertain time for them all. Has Georgia had a date? How is she managing with accommodation?
Yes, term starts 5 October so a week later than it was supposed to. It’s blended teaching, online and on campus. She has her accommodation sorted, she’s moving in with 3 friends in a smart modern house in very nice area of Bristol. They can pick up the keys on 1 July.

She’s not been able to pick up her belongings from her halls yet as the university says they will notify them with time slots when it’s possible. Of course as we are in Wales, we aren’t allowed to travel far yet so we are hoping travel restrictions are lifted here before the uni says she has to get her things 😔
Old 30 May 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Josh has finished all his uni work and exams but he is getting seriously bored now

He’s on furlough from Argos so just waiting to see what happens there as he wants to go to work

He is itching to get back to Portsmouth, he really misses his uni friends, he can move in to his shared house in September and Uni starts in October Probably online to start with

He’s having a friend round Monday night so they can have a drink in the garden so he’s looking forward to that

Good to see all our children seem keen to go back

Edie
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
Josh has finished all his uni work and exams but he is getting seriously bored now

He’s on furlough from Argos so just waiting to see what happens there as he wants to go to work

He is itching to get back to Portsmouth, he really misses his uni friends, he can move in to his shared house in September and Uni starts in October Probably online to start with

He’s having a friend round Monday night so they can have a drink in the garden so he’s looking forward to that

Good to see all our children seem keen to go back

Edie
I think the hardest part will be now the uni work has finished for them all. Georgia keeps in contact with her uni friends and local friends, thank goodness they can do that at least. It’s good that they can actually get to see friends a little more now too.

Georgia is keen to get back to Bristol by September even though she loves home too.
Old 30 May 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Hi, Ben finished 1 exam yesterday but still has 2 to go, next week and the next. He has to pay his first rent on Monday for the shared flat he is renting for the next year. Kent Uni have still not confirmed what they will be doing, he had one email that has said they are looking into doing both online and face to face teaching but haven't made a decision so watch out for emails. He has been chatting a lot with the 2 boys he is sharing with next year, they all like playing xbox etc so that is good. Lovely to hear everyone’s updates, Mel - you must be so excited to have your son back shortly, he has coped so well in all of what’s happened.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Hi, Ben finished 1 exam yesterday but still has 2 to go, next week and the next. He has to pay his first rent on Monday for the shared flat he is renting for the next year. Kent Uni have still not confirmed what they will be doing, he had one email that has said they are looking into doing both online and face to face teaching but haven't made a decision so watch out for emails. He has been chatting a lot with the 2 boys he is sharing with next year, they all like playing xbox etc so that is good. Lovely to hear everyone’s updates, Mel - you must be so excited to have your son back shortly, he has coped so well in all of what’s happened.
Thank you! I won’t quite believe it until his flight takes off from Heathrow to Paris. So far we are on the third set of flights I think so I just hope there isn’t a cancellation. I have told him he can’t check in for his Paris- home flight until he lands in Paris as I can change it up to 2 h before. They are on two separate tickets as BA aren’t currently flying to here.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List