Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Sep 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
15 year old boy present

Hi all,

Need some present help if ok.

I'm looking to spend about £30 on a present for a teenage boy. I don't want to send money or vouchers as I don't want the monetary value to be that obvious if that makes sense as I have a difficult relationship with the boys mother.

I just don't know what boys are into these days. My brother at 15 would have liked smellies, is this still valid?

Thanks
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

A bottle of aftershave would be nice. Anything with Adidas or Superdry splashed across it too. My nearly 15 yr old likes Hollister and Xbox.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

My 15 year old son had a lovely aftershave and body wash set from Hollister last Christmas. I don't think you can go wrong with something like that, as long as it's seen as young persons fragrance.
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
That's great! Thanks very much. That's what my brother would have appreciated at that age too so good to know I was on the right track.

I'm trying to break a cycle of this lad and sister asking for money/vouchers, and actually buy them a present, but I want them to like it too if that makes sense
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Definitely Hollister or Jack Wills or the like. I have a similar aged son and he would really appreciate this.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

How about a sports watch, Superdry do some trendy watches.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
When our son was 15 he did not like smellies (and still doesn’t) he had a cupboard full of them from family and they were never used. He preferred non scented plain products. He would never tell family and always smiled and said thank you, but what he really appreciated was money, which he would save up to buy computer games. I personally like to buy gifts for younger children but I think at 15 there’s nothing wrong with money or vouchers. As for not wanting the mother to know the “monetary value” I think a quick google of any product you buy, gives a pretty good idea so buying a present rather than giving cash/ vouchers is futile.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by BnDamo View Post
When our son was 15 he did not like smellies (and still doesn’t) he had a cupboard full of them from family and they were never used. He preferred non scented plain products. He would never tell family and always smiled and said thank you, but what he really appreciated was money, which he would save up to buy computer games. I personally like to buy gifts for younger children but I think at 15 there’s nothing wrong with money or vouchers. As for not wanting the mother to know the “monetary value” I think a quick google of any product you buy, gives a pretty good idea so buying a present rather than giving cash/ vouchers is futile.
I completely understand, but I'm still not keen. I used to get requests for gifts worth £50-65 and I'd send them, but I was living in Australia at the time and that amount didn't seem as significant. These presents then turned into requests for cash, and I used to send £50/60, but I both need and want to reduce this to £20-30, especially seeing as I won't be having a relationship/contact with these children outside of gift sending.
I didn't want to say just send £25, but rather send a thoughtful gift and hope it is well appreciated
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
New charging cable? Designer socks/boxers? Power thing (for charging phones etc), headphones. If they go to a gym, Nike or Adidas workwear or sports socks. Does he play football/rugby? If so new under garments for sport (for cold weather). I know both my boys would have like all the above at that time and even now.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If they are asking for £50 £60 I don’t think a gift would be appreciated. Why not just send £30 if that’s what you can afford. My kids have gifts they didn’t want or ask for and always say thank you but they lie unworn in the cupboard, sometimes I give them away and sometimes they end up in the charity shop. My children would be happy with £10 rather than a unwanted gift, just my opinion xx