Notices

Old 27 Mar 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
uncle buc
Being a bit Goofy

March Update

So today we paid off our Disney Balance. Mrs C got very emotional speaking to the guy on the phone when she got to speak about the plans she has already made.

Speaking of that, we have just past our 180 days mark now and already booked the restaurants to use up all of our credits. The table service restaurants we have booked are;

Ohana
Be our Guest (lunch)
Garden Grill
Hoop-de-doo review
Calafornia Grill
The Edison
Sci-Fi Dine Inn
Tepanedo
Boma and Sanna (our home resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Via Napoli
Liberty Tree Tavern
Skipper Canteen
Yak and Yeti

I know its a bit early to book restaurants 6 months in advance but Mrs C was itching to do something, so we thought what the hell. So by watching countless You Tube videos by DFB and the DIS we finally came up with our top choices.

Still loads to arrange but we’re getting ever closer…..

Stay Happy!
uncle buc is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
uncle buc
Being a bit Goofy

So today we sat down and decided to pay everything off so that we knew exactly what we would have left in the beer (me) / disney march (mrs C) slush fund.

First thing first were the flights. Balance paid off with BA plus the hire car.

Then i called attraction tickets direct and purchased the 3 park Universal Tickets and also the BOGOF Halloween Horror Night Tickets which i'm really looking forward to, not so much Mrs C! The lady at Attraction Tickets was almost as excited as us and i can't recommend their service enough.

Then i got on to the Esta site and renewed them. Only to be told on the site that our applications were pending rather than authorised. Cue panic googling and "oh my god we should have done this before we paid for everything" even though we answered No to all the "have you ever been a naughty boy?" questions.

It turns out that after pressing the refresh button on the page, the status changed to authorised. Heart rate has now only just returned to normal.

5 months to go now and it's starting for feel just around the corner.

Hope to update you guys soon.

Stay Happy
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
uncle buc
Being a bit Goofy

So today we added a little off site fun and booked tickets to see the Tampa bay bucs take on the super bowl champions the eagles. (Not the band).

This is a 1pm game so we plan to leave Orlando at around 9 to have a bit of a walk round and atmosphere soakage.

Because it is seen as a big game the prices were double at $115 each, however as we're only there once we bit the bullet.

Looking forward to this one and getting ever closer.

Stay happy
Old 13 May 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
uncle buc
Being a bit Goofy

So pretty eventful day today.

We pretty much changed two weeks of our trip, thanks to the good people at WDW holidays. Long story short, a week ago we received an email stating the pool at AKL was to be closed during our trip for construction updates. This was a huge disappointment to us and one which put a bit of a downer on our impending holiday.

We spent the next week reading the Dibb and wondering what we were going to do. fast forward to today and after a very short call to WDW we were able to be switched to the same class room at the Boardwalk Inn for no additional cost.

Although we were sad not to be going to AKL, i think this is the best option for us.

Time to start researching and seeing what the Boardwalk has to offer.

Stay happy.
Old 14 May 18, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We have just made the same change and it's definitely changed our ADR planning with not just all the EPCOT area restaurants but also the Food and Winne Festival a skip away to use some f the snack credits up !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a fab trip - sorry it’s not the hotel you originally wanted but the boardwalk will still be amazing!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a really good trip. Enjoying reading your posts so a full trip report will be great.

“kath kidson (I think that's her name) when her new range of the same old stuff is out” - this made me laugh. My wife’s the same, loves looking at all the same stuff with a slightly different floral pattern on!

Also good shout watching the NFL.

I travelled to New York to watch the Seahawks (my team) take on the Giants at Met Life last October. Me and a friend then drove to Philly the following day to watch the Eagles play the Redskins on Monday Night Football. It was fantastic.

Who’s your team?
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
uncle buc
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by DadToThree View Post
Who’s your team?
Tampa bay is my team. Really lucky they play in such great weather.

Hoping they have a better year this time around
Old 5 Jun 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
uncle buc
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We're at the 100 day Mark today! "It's all plain sailing from here kid".

We've just booked the Gatwick Hilton for the night before we fly. This was a last minute decision (well 3 months out), but we've decided to check in the night before and then not worry about having to be there 3 hours early on the day.

The Hilton is at the front doors to the terminal so we've also made the economical decision not to bring the motor and use the train instead. Saves us a few pennies and also does our bit for the old carbon footprint I guess.

We'll be interesting dragging our cases through central London but hey, good things don't come easy and all that.

We've also not decided on our hhn dates which may involve us driving straight there from the airport. Nuts I know but hey we might as well try to hit the ground running. And I'm sure they'll be lots of running once Mrs C hits the scare zones.

That's it for an update right now. Hope you all are getting everything you need sorted.

Stay happy
Old 24 Jul 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
uncle buc
Being a bit Goofy

Update 7 added