Notices

Old 2 Oct 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You know I love a good prinking that's another thing I learned from you, well technically it was just the term I learnt from you as I was already doing the prinking I just didn't know it

have fun x
Ha ha
Had a good shopping day yesterday. Managing a cocktail a day. Warming up for the main event. On our way to NOLA in a few hours .

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Yay! Amanda is now ON TOUR!

Can’t wait for updates
hoping to start this afternoon ...

Is it wrong that I assumed you were awake at 2.25am as you couldn’t bear to see wine left unquaffed?! Cheers!
Now that is funny 😂
And quite possibly true ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
So sorry I have only just seen this Amanda?!
Oh wow this sounds like an EPIC trip! Your ‘plans’ sound great 😂. I’m beyond excited you’re going to my favourite place on the planet, AMI. I promise you won’t want to leave. Don’t bother with the Sandbar, not seen many good reviews lately. You just HAVE to go to Ginny and Jane E’s for breakfast or lunch, it closes in the afternoon so need to get there early. It’s the most quirkiest shop/cafe you’ll ever visit! Head to Rod and Reel to see the dolphins and Manatees, oh and a stroll down Bridge St or Pine St depending which end of the island you’re at. Me thinks you need more time there 😆.
Also looking forward to hearing about your time on Hilton Head Island and Savannah as you know that’s where we are hoping for next year, just need these flight prices to fall rapidly!
How lovely you’re going back to see your Uncle, I bet he’s chuffed to see you.
Steel Magnolias is one of my favourite films, always wanted to visit the town where it is filmed.
Ooh I can feel the excitement of the run up to the holiday, you totally deserve it after the crappy year you’ve had.
I cannot wait to read all about it, have an amazing time 😃
Edit: I can’t believe you had a faff with your passports too. At least you didn’t leave them in a hotel safe like me... 😬
Ah Alicia, bless you
I remembered seeing the passports in their wallet on the backseat next to me and then I couldn’t see them on the desk, not in the hand luggage and I started to get that rising panic . I’m thinking it’s ok it’s 2 am Andy can get up now and take a taxi back to home and get them off the taxi guy and we can still make it

And then I found them. Phew . I didn’t share these thoughts with him

Thanks for the AMI tips .

It’s been an interesting 48 hours. Our flight was like a Monty Python sketch and yesterday we just shopped and shopped some more

Striped clothes were purchased . Ralph Lauren has some great deals for the boys. Xmas is sorted !

We are away to NOLA in a couple of hours x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Impressive shopping haul

Anna Maria is our favourite place in the world, we nearly moved there, then stupid recession happened we aren’t going back until the City pier is rebuilt (it was damaged by hurricane something), as that was our place for first and last meals, you could feel it rocking.

Have a great time
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Intrigued by the Monty Python flight...!
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Impressive shopping haul

Anna Maria is our favourite place in the world, we nearly moved there, then stupid recession happened we aren’t going back until the City pier is rebuilt (it was damaged by hurricane something), as that was our place for first and last meals, you could feel it rocking.

Have a great time
We have done brilliantly on the shopping
Oh that is a shame about AMI. I am looking forward to seeing it
Thank you xx

Intrigued by the Monty Python flight...!
Well there is gaffer tape, bits coming off in your hands and other comedy gold involved
Currently consuming far too many cocktails in N’awlins and generally struggling in the ridiculous heat :

We rode the streetcar to the Garden District today. Visited Hard Rock and now by the pool before going out to Frenchmen street. It’s tough I tell you
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

oh and Andy is trying to book for us to come back for Mardi Gras but I’ve had a few cocktails and struggling to concentrate ...
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Gaffer tape! And a plane... mind boggling...

I’m imagining the flight attendants: It’s only a flesh wound

We are there just before Mardi Gras! Hotels looked horrific over the actual MG!
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Is it wrong that I assumed you were awake at 2.25am as you couldn’t bear to see wine left unquaffed?! Cheers!
Ok Karen and Amanda- the next time you are in London the three of us must have a girls night out! I now have a spare room or two room for guests
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah Alicia, bless you
I remembered seeing the passports in their wallet on the backseat next to me and then I couldn’t see them on the desk, not in the hand luggage and I started to get that rising panic . I’m thinking it’s ok it’s 2 am Andy can get up now and take a taxi back to home and get them off the taxi guy and we can still make it

And then I found them. Phew . I didn’t share these thoughts with him

Thanks for the AMI tips .

It’s been an interesting 48 hours. Our flight was like a Monty Python sketch and yesterday we just shopped and shopped some more

Striped clothes were purchased . Ralph Lauren has some great deals for the boys. Xmas is sorted !

We are away to NOLA in a couple of hours x
Sounds wonderful Amanda, it the passport bit though!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Sounds wonderful Amanda, it the passport bit though!
Ah that was a comedy moment , once I found them of course