Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Unpaid leave

DS2 works in a club in Manchester, started back on Friday at 11pm, at 2am tbey closed the club as one of the managers flatmates had tested for covid. They sent workers and customers home. DS came home for a few nights, but the club was opened at 5pm the next day. The manager was tested and was negative. Now DS is back in Manchester and they have put him on unpaid leave until he gets tested. Now both he and I have phoned on separate occasions and the nhs have said hes not eligible for a test. He has texted his manager as hes down there due to his wotk. He was on furlough, but not sure why they can't keep him on it. Ant thoughts? Hes just texted they are saying he cant come back until hes had one!

Edited at 07:27 PM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not sure about the unpaid leave part, but furlough requires a 3 week minimum. They’ve possibly also missed the deadline for putting him on it. I believe (could be wrong) that it could be extended, but if you come off it then it’s a new furlough you would go on
Old 13 Aug 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
They probably dont want to keep him on Furlough as they now have to pay NI contributions etc... not sure why he needs a test though.

Just to add... the Furlough is no longer three weeks as they now accept flexi furlough days.

Edited at 07:56 PM.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
They probably dont want to keep him on Furlough as they now have to pay NI contributions etc... not sure why he needs a test though.

Just to add... the Furlough is no longer three weeks as they now accept flexi furlough days.
I thought the flexi was for those returning to work? My company are using it, I’m part furlough part working.

As I say, I could be completely wrong, but I know there was a deadline for putting people on furlough by, and it was a few weeks back
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Hes been on furlough, since the beginning. But only working for 3 hours, it could be written off. Trying to get a postal test, as he is 3.2 miles from the nearest test center withno transpirt other than bus. Not sure why employer is forcing them all to get tested😕
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Not sure about the unpaid leave part, but furlough requires a 3 week minimum. They’ve possibly also missed the deadline for putting him on it. I believe (could be wrong) that it could be extended, but if you come off it then it’s a new furlough you would go on
Sorry but this is totally incorrect as long as hes been on furlough already with the 'flexible' furlough running you can pretty well much go on or come off whenever, more likely as company contributions have started to the scheme this month with pension and nic contributions needed the company are just trying to avoid any costs to themselves until he isable to go back to work

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
I've sent him all your replies, so he will ask about the flexible furlough. He only doe 14-16 hours per week, so not sure how much if tax or NI is paid. Thanks for all your input, dibb to the rescue again Xx

Edited at 01:01 PM.
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
I thought the flexi was for those returning to work? My company are using it, I’m part furlough part working.

As I say, I could be completely wrong, but I know there was a deadline for putting people on furlough by, and it was a few weeks back
The OP said her son had already been on Furlough before. The deadline was around thd end of June.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Ive sent him all your reies, so he will ask about tbe flexible furlough. He only doe 14-16 hours per week, so not sure how much if tax or NI is paid. Thanks nks for all your input, dibb to the rescue again Xx
Sadly for employees, companies can pick and choose who they or do not Furlough.
Old 14 Aug 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
Sorry but this is totally incorrect as long as hes been on furlough already with the 'flexible' furlough running you can pretty well much go on or come off whenever, more likely as company contributions have started to the scheme this month with pension and nic contributions needed the company are just trying to avoid any costs to themselves until he isable to go back to work
I did say I could be wrong, I’m just going off what my employer has told me. We are back part time work, part time furlough. They told us if we came off furlough altogether, we couldn’t go back on it as the deadline has now closed.

They haven’t always been the best at giving us the right information!