Notices

Old 14 May 13, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Oooh nice hotel and some nice deorating ... loving those decals !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Your arrangements seem perfectly reasonable to me - this is the sort of trip we (I) book as well...

Your holiday sounds amazing - I'm thinking hard about NOT adding a Disney cruise to our holiday (it's the word Bahamian that does it for me)- my DH would totally flip his lid. Hmmm, New York sounds good too, I must try hard NOT to encourage this thought in my head. I think I'll need hypnotherapy!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MissAddictive
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Rollercolster View Post
Oooh nice hotel and some nice deorating ... loving those decals !
Thankyou. so stressful to get them on, but well worth it

2011 + 2017 Disneyland Paris
2013 + 2018 Disneyworld Florida
MissAddictive is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MissAddictive
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Your arrangements seem perfectly reasonable to me - this is the sort of trip we (I) book as well...

Your holiday sounds amazing - I'm thinking hard about NOT adding a Disney cruise to our holiday (it's the word Bahamian that does it for me)- my DH would totally flip his lid. Hmmm, New York sounds good too, I must try hard NOT to encourage this thought in my head. I think I'll need hypnotherapy!
haha. i think Steve just about wants to cry everytime i say to him "ive been thinking" he knows its going to cost money.

the cruise worked out well for us, happened to start the day we were meant to go home... so thought why not

MissAddictive is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Your plans sound great, though next time I see an update I fully expect you to have upgraded your cruise to concierge probably not much more than a Cat4a for 2 people. Have you booked cruise through a TA? The only thing that I wouldn't have done is go from 5a to 4a on the Dream for 2 ppl, all it gets is an extra bunk that you won't need (it's a 5berth stateroom) not actually a better quality cabin or necessarily a better position on the ship.
Depending on my indirect flights, I might add in NY and ditch Anaheim next year, with work I have had layovers at Newark so many times but never left the airport

Edited at 08:35 PM.
Old 14 May 13, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MissAddictive
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
Your plans sound great, though next time I see an update I fully expect you to have upgraded your cruise to concierge probably not much more than a Cat4a for 2 people. Have you booked cruise through a TA? The only thing that I wouldn't have done is go from 5a to 4a on the Dream for 2 ppl, all it gets is an extra bunk that you won't need, not actually a better quality cabin or necessarily a better position on the ship.
Depending on my indirect flights, I might add in NY and ditch Anaheim next year, with work I have had layovers at Newark so many times but never left the airport
haha i looked at concierge even i couldnt justify that lol.
As for the change, it was mainly down to google, i googled our room and it wasnt getting the best reviews, admittedly i probably could have probably just changed to a different room on same level haha.

I couldnt be in New York and not go to New York... didnt help that my boss had just returned from there and was raving about it. I think if you have opportunity to go to NY - you should

Old 14 May 13, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissAddictive View Post
haha i looked at concierge even i couldnt justify that lol.
As for the change, it was mainly down to google, i googled our room and it wasnt getting the best reviews, admittedly i probably could have probably just changed to a different room on same level haha.

I couldnt be in New York and not go to New York... didnt help that my boss had just returned from there and was raving about it. I think if you have opportunity to go to NY - you should
I probably should have gone to NY while I was working over there before kids, but work kept me on a busy schedule and I never had any money for holidays back then. Not sure I fancy it with 3 young children.
Old 16 May 13, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MissAddictive
Getting Excited

ADRS and plans.

Well FINALLY I was able to make my ADRs, I got to work 2 hours early and prepared to log on just after 11.
Got greeted by a lovely "Site is down for maintenance" - *cue rageface :angry:*

Now baring in mind i'm not the most decisive of people, and im very likely to change my mind... Heres the plan...

Day 1 - 10th November
Fly from New York to MCO - hopefully land around half 4, as in internal flight im hoping getting through security will be quick! - Pick up car from Alamo and head to Wallmart. - General look around and then go and check in to SSR.
Half 8 reservation at Rainforest Café at Downtown Disney. Earlyish night.

Day 2 - 11th November
Breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace. earliest I could get is 8.30am but still hoping to get there early and take those all important empty Mainstreet Pics.
Day at Magic Kingdom, closes at 7pm as MVMCP on that night.
Then over to Raglan Road for dinner ADR

Day 3 - 12th November
Day at Hollywood Studios, hoping there is a Fantasmic showing this day - if not this may change.
Breakfast ADR nice and early at half 7 at Café Cape May
Dinner ADR at Sci Fi Diner at 4.35pm
Hoping Fantasmic will be on at half 6 so this should give us enough time.
May have lunch/snack at Starring rolls as some of their cakes look amaze.

Day 4 - 13th November
Day at Epcot
Long day planned here.
8.35 ADR at Arkehus - 5.30 ADR at Nine Dragons
hopefully still going to be around for fireworks at 9pm and perhaps planning on going Jelly Rolls afterwards for an hour or 2 to see what its all about.

Day 5 - 14th November
Bit of a chill out day, thinking of water park - its looking like Blizzard Beach although it isn't on the park hours yet.
Got a 9am ADR at Captains Grille but this may get ditched if we go to Jelly Rolls!
Evening ADR at Chef Mickeys. Might attempt to go to Beach And Cream to get a sundae... not brave enough for Kitchen sink though!

Day 6 - 15th November - Steves Birthday
Discovery Cove with Dolphin Swim
Ive booked a cabana - elite package so I get all our photos included which is main reason I went for Elite.
Debating booking sea venture as well - but undecided as I read somewhere your ears pop... I hate that! haha. Also cant drink before doing it, and as its steves birthday im letting him leave car at SSR and we will get taxi so he can drink, so would be a shame if sea venture wasn't till later in the day.
ADR at Planet Hollywood - thinking of getting him a cake.

Day 7 - 16th November
Animal Kingdom
Tusker House breakfast ADR at 8.30 - then hopefully straight onto safari.
Yak and Yeti lunch at 1pm
followed by ADR at Ohanas at 6.55. hopefully then planning on watching Wishes on beach.

Day 8 - 17th November
Universal Studios.
Booked a 1 night stay at Hard Rock Hotel. - No plans as such, just get there early and make the most. Prob have dinner at Hard Rock Café.
I read somewhere you can get the "rockstar breakfast" at the Kitchen restaurant, which has unlimited champagne. haha. I guess not many people can drink much with breakfast.

Day 9 - 18th November
IOA
Making most of our night at HRH with early entry into Harry Potter - never of us are fans but want to go see what fuss is about
Dinner ADR at Fultons Crab House.

Day 10 - 19th November
SeaWorld.
I have booked the "behind the scenes tour" and "dine with shamu"
Followed by ADR in evening at The Turf Club at SSR.

Day 11 - 20th November
Another chill out day - loose plan SHOPPING
Ohana Breakfast at 10am and onto the malls thinking of maybe grabbing lunch at cheesecake factory and possibly desert party at MK in evening.

Day 12 - 21st November
Busy (ambitious! ) Day
Cinderellas Royal Table ADR at 9.35
Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch at 1pm
Be Our Guest ADR at 5.45pm
then MVMCP
im hoping to change lunch and dinner around as I prefer Be Our Guests lunch menu and LTT dinner menu. Couldn't get a lunch ADR for Be Our Guest though

Day 13 - 22nd November
No Plans. Maybe doing all the things we loved/didn't get a chance to do before.
Possibly going to Titanic Experience as quite fancy that.
ADR at California Grill which I cant book yet as not taking reservations

Day 14 - 23rd November
Epcot Showcase
Planning a slow eat/drink around the world.
Breakfast at Garden Grove - No ADR yet as cant book that till tomorrow. Via Napoli for Dinner.

Day 15 24th November
CRUISE

So there is my plan. pretty packed. we are not worried about park hopping of we get bored at once place... and we aren't fussed about going back to hotel half way during day for a bit if getting tired - its why there aren't too many lunch ADRs - that said I doubt I need more food! The only lunch ADRs ive made are restaurant's I wanted to go to and couldn't fit in anywhere else.

This may change before time of course

Old 16 May 13, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MissAddictive
Getting Excited

Must Dos and Eats

Few Things I Am Looking Forward To!

Grey Goose Slush - Both Flavours!

Nuvo Sparkling Vodka

Tequila!

Cheddar Cheese Soup

Pineapple Dole Whip

Mickey Mouse Waffles

Meeting Marie...Shes My Fave

Old 16 May 13, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MissAddictive
Getting Excited

Shopping!

So Ive Now Started Shopping since the planning is in full swing.
I got fed up (read - ran out of) doing spreadsheets - laminating - printing

Firstly I bought some tops... in a couple of sizes too small... hoping that will motivate me - ive lost 9 pound so far with 6 months to go!

and I love these. think these will get worn before I go

I also bought an Olympus Tough 320, I already have a camera which is pretty good but this one is water proof so I can take it discovery cove/water parks/pools and take underwater pics

2 Tripp suitcases - these are big enough to fit our other suitcases in - therefore take one inside other on way out and 2 on way back

Croc Flip Flops - thinking of wearing these over summer and if I have no problems get these in another colour too

Marie Bag and Purse - the bag for days at water parks. Ideal for change of clothes. The purse is much smaller than my normal one I use now.

Kipling Bags