Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 14, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Quick tip question

I've had a good look through the guide on here but I'm still unsure about whether to tip at 2 places...river ventures manatee swim(we have the private houseboat tour booked) and the pirate and pals cruise?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 14, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post

we do the manatee swim every year although different company, yes if the captain was good and you enjoyed the day then tip him/her

i think we tipped $10, and with about 5 other groups of family/couples it adds up for them
Old 16 Oct 14, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for replying
Old 16 Oct 14, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde/seymore
Serious Dibber

We've always tipped on boat trips, in fact a lot of them say they work for tips and have a tub out at the end. Strangely though everytime we've been on a boat trip the Americans tend not to tip but all the English do!
clyde/seymore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 14, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I find it all very confusing, I keep reading through the guide on here. I'd hate not to tip when I should have and vice versa
Old 17 Oct 14, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clyde/seymore View Post
We've always tipped on boat trips, in fact a lot of them say they work for tips and have a tub out at the end. Strangely though everytime we've been on a boat trip the Americans tend not to tip but all the English do!
We also find this.when we did the manatee swim,we were the only family that tipped & I know this,because we were last off the boat & all the other families were American.go figure!
Tracy x
Old 17 Oct 14, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

We did the Pirate and Pals Cruise last year it was fun and entertaining and a fab way to see Wishes from a completely new unhurried point of view from the water. The food was good and the cast members were a hoot we really enjoyed the quiz and had games on the way out. We heard all the narration and music just fine aboard the boat and the view from the Seven Seas Lagoon was spectacular. All the park looked amazing from there give it a go if you can work it into your plans, we had guests aboard who were very young as well as older folks there were plenty of seats and assistance to get folks on and off when needed.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 14, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
We did the Pirate and Pals Cruise last year it was fun and entertaining and a fab way to see Wishes from a completely new unhurried point of view from the water. The food was good and the cast members were a hoot we really enjoyed the quiz and had games on the way out. We heard all the narration and music just fine aboard the boat and the view from the Seven Seas Lagoon was spectacular. All the park looked amazing from there give it a go if you can work it into your plans, we had guests aboard who were very young as well as older folks there were plenty of seats and assistance to get folks on and off when needed.
Great review we're booked for the 26th, couldn't stretch to MNSSHP so booked on one of the party nights to see hallowishes Did you tip?
Old 17 Oct 14, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread