Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Nov 14, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Wink Alamo Brits - Compact: Nissan Versa or similar?

Hi there

I wonder if anyone can shed some light. We are 3 adults with 1 suitcase each and 2 carry on bags and wondered if the above car would be big enough? It says it's good for:
2 Large Passenger
3 Small Passenger
1 Large Suitcase
1 Small Suitcase

Also is the package you get all the insurance we need?

Also planning on booking car hire from port Canaveral to the airport on the way home from our cruise has anyone DNS this through Alamo and do they pick you up with a shuttle from the port and take you to pick up the car?

Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 14, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellyandkk
Helping Minnie

We booked the above car but when we got to the garage we picked a Kia soul. We had 3 large suitcases, 2 hand luggage and it fitted perfectly
Their insurance is fine
Back to Coco Keys Aug 2016
Kellyandkk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 14, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
eastender
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

You will get all the insurance you need. Why would you fly to USA and also go on a cruise and then squeeze yourselves into a little car when a mid size or full size is comfortable and not much more money at all.
eastender is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

We also booked the above car for 5 of us(no luggage) and they tried to give us a beetle! I explained that I booked a 5seater car but he insisted that compact could be 4seater(wanted us to put child in middle no seatbelt), so I would recommend taking a screenshot to show them if the same problem arises with you. I imagine it would be a bit of a squeeze with 3 large suitcases, the boot on the kia(can't remember model) we finally got wasn't very big.
Old 16 Nov 14, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We have just returned and had that size car we were given a Chevrolet nice and roomy inside and a large boot. We got three large suitcases in the boot no problem and a small carry on case. Them we had a large hold-all and back pack on back seat next to kids
Old 16 Nov 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

For 3 adults with 3 suitcases I would upgrade to an Intermediate Car (Toyota Corolla or similar).We booked a Compact Car last year from Alamo and chose a Toyota Corolla, which is from the class above, which fitted 3 suitcases in easily. Next year we have booked an Intermediate car from Alamo Brits as it was only £15 more than a Compact Car for 14 days. With a Compact Car you could be lucky and get to choose a car from the class above like us last year, but alternatively you could end up with a smaller car like a Toyota Yaris ,Ford Fiesta or Mazda 2 which will not fit 3 suitcases in. Have you checked the Car Hire section with the thread that contains the fleet lists for the Car Hire Companies?
Old 16 Nov 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread