Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 15, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Guendalina
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Charter Travel vs Kenwood: I'm £1 k worse off!

I don't know why I checked kenwood after having already paid my deposit to Charter Travel! The holiday I bought is £1,000 more expensive! :-(
Is there anything I can do? I would lose £450 deposit plus £90 x5 admin charge if I cancelled. Can they really enforce the penalty charge? I don't understand how there can be such a massive difference. Charter was £400 cheaper than buying from Disney and exactly the same as Your Florida Holiday so I assumed it was a good price and looked no further.
I am gutted!
Old 29 Apr 15, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow, that's a lot of money. What exactly did you book?

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveorlando
Very Serious Dibber

I guess they could legally chase you for the admin charge. Even if you paid it and went to Kenwood you'd still be £550 better off. Charter quoted me almost £600 more than my diy price and that was with a day less in Florida
August 2006 - Villa @ Sunset Lakes
July 2014 - Villa @ Tuscan Ridge
Sept 2016 - Disney's Beach Club & Thousand Oaks Villa
Iloveorlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

If I'm reading this right , you have already paid £450 , and fear they will take another £450 off you ? Suspect ( know nothing of charter, just suspect they would be within their rights to ) they will just take the extra £450 off the card you paid the initial £450 on.
But you will still be £100 better off switching .
Just make sure you have secured the kenwood booking and price before cancelling the charter one , and that you understand fully the cancellation charges
Good luck
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Guendalina
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I'm too gutted to bother for £100. Yes I've paid £450 and it says in their website that the cancellation fee is £90 per person. As there are 5 of us, it'd be an extra £450.
I'm beating myself up about this. £1 k would have paid for universal + sea world tickets for all of us. How can there be such a difference and how could I miss it?
Old 29 Apr 15, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've cancelled thru Thomson before and all I lost was our deposit they told me if I cancelled o would have to pay charges. I paid my deposit with my debit card and they never did take any charges off me.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Did Kenwood email you with the quote? Reason I ask is their website isn't live and only a guide do you may find it won't actually be £1000 cheaper.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Guendalina
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

SSR for 14 nights in two bed villa. Charter: £6,659 without flights.
Kenwood: £11,050 with Virgin flights (and yes I did double check it was the 2 bed villa). I then priced the flights separately as a fly drive and they came to £5,400.
Old 29 Apr 15, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Guendalina
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

No I did it through the website
Old 29 Apr 15, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I was uncertain of Kenwood - Ive been reading too much that Kenwood quotes can consist of estimated flights, its not guaranteed. As the 11mth hits, they then secure your flights, based on a hedged/experienced gamble on price. If it's much difference under the T&C's they can revert to you for the difference.

Made me sceptical, using them as an example for my holiday past the 11mth period.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread