Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Jun 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Taking the Young Adults to Disney June 2017 Day 4 Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach/Rainforest Cafe

Previous - Day 3 Magic Kingdom

The Cast

Hubby - Richard (44) Joint Planner

Me - Teresa (46) Main Planner with plenty of spreadsheets

DS1 - Daniel (20) Can't be without my phone

DS2- Joshua (18) Desperate to go

Saturday 3rd June - Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Bleach & Rainforest Cafe

Animal Kingdom has extra magic hours today and I forgot to check, exactly the same as in 2014, it opened an hour earlier than the extra magic hour, so the EMH was 7am and not 8am. So after breakfast in the room we caught the Disney Bus at 7:30am. It's a very quick drive from All Star Sports to Animal Kingdom, so we were in and through security nice and quick.

We headed straight for Kilimanjaro Safari, it was a walk on and there were lots of animals to see, even a giraffe right by the road.

We then headed over to Dinoland to Primeval Whirl, this only had a 10 minute wait, so we went on it twice, we like being thrown about.

We headed over to Dinosaur and that had a 20 minute wait, this seems smoother than when we went on it in 2014.

As we have memory maker, I want to make use of it with the Mickey Characters, so we headed over to the Adventurers Post, where it was showing a 15 minute wait, took a good 20 minutes though.

As we were next to it, we did It's Tough to be a Bug as it only had a 10 minute wait, before heading over to our Flight of Passage FP (10:10am to 11:10am) standby queue was 145 minutes, FP got us on the ride within 15 minutes. Wow, is all I can say, this was fantastic, the way it is done is way above everything else.
I bought a plush Navi Baby, cute.

Next we headed over to our Expedition Everest Fast Pass, standby was 30 minutes.

Feeling a little hungry and in need of a cool down, this time we promised ourselves to make sure we had ice cream sandwiches as we didn't seem to have them back in 2014. So we had a yummy Mickey one. Total for 4 was $20 from a cart.

Pluto & Goofy seemed to have a bit of a queue so we headed round to the much smaller Donald queue and waited for him to come back out. We then headed back to the Goofy & Pluto queue because I love Pluto.

It was now 12:45pm and our last ride before leaving the park for a break was Kali River Rapids, we had a Fast Pass for 12:25, so headed straight over and yes, we got wet. Standby queue was 50 minutes.

Before leaving the park we booked another Safari Fast Pass for 5pm. We left the park at 1:30pm, headed back to the hotel for a refillable drink and they all wanted Muffins as a snack so 3 muffins were $10.94 including tax. We then caught the bus directly to Blizzard Beach, one of the few hotels that goes directly there and directly back again.

We got to Blizzard Beach about 2:30pm and tried to hire a locker, but it kept coming up as a problem and we didn't know if it was continuously taking our payment or not, so we had to get in a queue and it turned out others were having a problem too. We had to pay $15 for a large locker, but then they decided that as they were not working we would have to get a different locker. This was all taking too long and Joshua had to be in Magic Kingdom at 4:15pm as he was going to the Barbers there to get his hair cut (only $19) so he left. We now didn't need a larger locker, only a small one, so they refunded us.

This is the first time we have been to a water park as a threesome, without one of our kids!

We went around Cross Country Creek for a bit, then went on Team Boat Springs, we have only ever done this as a four so to say three was a bit weird and so we were put with a couple.

We left at 4:30pm as we were not sure how long Joshua would be in Magic Kingdom and what time he would get to Animal Kingdom, we went back to the hotel and got on the Disney Bus to Animal Kingdom at 5pm, as we sat down, Joshua jumped straight on afterwards, he had decided to go back to the hotel, so that was fate meeting up like that.

We went to our Safari FP, the standby queue was only 15 minutes. We then walked around Gorilla Falls.

Our Dining Reservation for Rainforest Cafe was approaching at 6:45pm, so we quickly headed over there, just as it was starting to rain. The queue was quite large and people with reservations were told to stand in the same queue as the hoping to get a table people, I went up to the Podium to check this and then I pulled out my Trump Card - sorry Landry's Card and she said, wait in the little tiny queue here and we'll put you on the next free table and cancelled my Dining Reservation. We were seated within a couple of minutes, amazing!

The boys had BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger - Smokin' Mojo BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle, topped with a fried onion ring, choice of a side $17.49 each

Richard had 44 Farms Burger - Texas All Natural Angus Beef, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickled, topped with a Fried Onion Ring - $16.99

and I had Mojo Bones - Pork spareribs, Smokin’ Mojo BBQ sauce, coleslaw, Safari fries - $28.99

Yes, I know mine was more expensive, but remember I didn't have a muffin and I do have less snacks than everyone else - in fact the Busch Gardens Cookie lasted me two weeks

to drink we had

2x Brazilian Freeze - Coconut, pineapple, raspberry purée, banana blended with ice one in a souvenir glasses and one not.
1x Rainforest Ricky - Mix of apple, pineapple, orange, strawberry, grapefruit juices served over ice or straight up in a souvenir glass
1x Sprite.

For Dessert, we had the Volcano to share.

We had a $25 Welcome to Landry's Bonus to replace the $25 it cost me to buy it and we had a $25 birthday reward for my husbands slightly belated birthday, so our $137:34 bill was reduced to $87.34 plus tip.

When we finished we looked outside and the rain was absolutely hammering it down and we were stuck in the shop for ages and ages, there is only so long you can look at the same thing, so once it calmed down a bit, we ran for the bus, no point going back into Animal Kingdom now, apparently the rain is set in for the night. We had to wait a good 30 minutes for a bus, Music was getting buses, Movies had a bus, but we didn't, think they had to get one organised for us. We got back to the hotel at 10:30pm. We watched something on TV with Hot Chocolates and then bed.

Temperature Today 90 Degrees

Steps today 20,898 excluding Blizzard Beach - 8.53 miles!

Day 5 - Hollywood Studios/Blizzard Beach/Disney Springs
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05

Edited at 11:12 PM.
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
And yet another busy day

Joan
Old 29 Jun 17, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Flight of Passage looks amazing, FP are a godsend when the standby queue is 145 min ! Food looked really good at Rainforest Cafe 😋 and at a great price with the Landrys card discounts
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great day, nice idea to end at Rainforest. We have eaten there once before and it wasn't great but we're giving it another go this year. The burger the boys had sounded awesome.

I appreciated that you didn't have a ton of Pandora pictures, I'm waiting to see it for myself so trying not to have it spoiled. Going to be hard with everyone's summer reports starting to pop up!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Great day, nice idea to end at Rainforest. We have eaten there once before and it wasn't great but we're giving it another go this year. The burger the boys had sounded awesome.

I appreciated that you didn't have a ton of Pandora pictures, I'm waiting to see it for myself so trying not to have it spoiled. Going to be hard with everyone's summer reports starting to pop up!

I decided not to add too many, I do have loads and so do the boys, day and night versions and memory maker versions too.
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Another fab park day and great finish at the Rainforest cafe. The food and drinks sounded fab. And the Landrys card worked a treat ..even better !
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day. Food looks lovely at rainforest cafe. We have a Landry card and used it at bubba grumps last year. This year we are stuck between t-Rex and rainforest at DS, we can't decide 🤔
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Check out both the menus and see what appeals to you more, we did both and found there was more choice for us at Rainforest, however I did like the Milkshake at T-Rex, so check the menu beforehand