Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Oct 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cooks77
Getting to know the DIBB

Airboat Tours

Hi

I was hoping to be able to do an airboat tour when we go to Orlando next May.

I have searched online for a recommended tour to go on but also need to think about transport as I won't have a car.

I came across Wild Florida which has good reviews and transportation is provided from Gray Line and picks up from where we are staying at All Star Music, so it seemed perfect. However, return coach transfers are quite expensive to book, so was tempted to just book the airboat tickets and book an Uber to the park.

I sent Wild Florida a message asking about Wifi etc so I could book an Uber to take us back to the hotel but they advised to book the coach as Ubers may not come out to them as they are in the middle of nowhere. Wondered if they were just advising this though as there is a set up with the coach company?

Was just wondering if anyone has been to Wild Florida and if requesting an Uber when there is possible? Looks like it will be about $80 return based on the uber estimate but this will be a lot cheaper than booking places on the coach.

Would appreciate any comments on the Uber or if anyone can recommend another park where the airboat tours operate that may be more convenient?

Thanks
Cooks77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Would it not be cheaper and more convenient to hire a car for the day?

The drive is easy and you could do other things on the way back.

For what it’s worth. Wild Florida is a great day out.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gogs
Proud to wear my Ears

I know it's not Wild Florida (which does look
good!), but a friend of ours got an uber out to Wild Willy's airboat rides in St Cloud from the Universal Cabana Bay hotel last week.
We went to Wild Willy's a few days before & had a great time, we saw a few gators & eagles.

Hope this helps
gogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Wild Florida is great - but as they say - they LITERALLY are in the middle of nowhere. 40miles from Formosa Gardens area, took us 90 min to get there over Easter. Would not have thought Uber would serve the area.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Hi

I replied to your message but just to clarify for anyone else …

We got an Uber to Wild Florida last year.
The internet at Wild Florida was totally fine for us and we were able to order an Uber to bring us back, there was one doing a drop off half an hour away, so he came and got us - that way we could all look at the scenery on the way back and for some reason we also had a $10 discount from a code beforehand. Much cheaper than a Taxi and more convenient than the tour buses as we wanted to go to SeaWorld afterwards, so go to go straight there, rather than some drop off point.

You could always keep an eye on the Uber map to see how far away they are close to your leaving time to get an idea of how far away they are.
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List