Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Aug 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

Mobile GMC Tahoe Alamo 4 points Sheraton

Hi
We pick up our full size SUV from Alamo at the 4 points Sheraton in a few days time, now I know you get what your given and it's not like picking up at Mco where you sometimes get a choice. Do you think its worth phoning the Alamo desk at 4 points a few days before and ask if we can have a Tahoe rather than a Nissan or do you think it's a waste of time?

Thanks in advance

Mike
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dynomikered View Post
Hi
We pick up our full size SUV from Alamo at the 4 points Sheraton in a few days time, now I know you get what your given and it's not like picking up at Mco where you sometimes get a choice. Do you think its worth phoning the Alamo desk at 4 points a few days before and ask if we can have a Tahoe rather than a Nissan or do you think it's a waste of time?

Thanks in advance

Mike
There's no guarantee that they'll have one as the hotels don't get a big turnaround in cars to be honest.

They won't just change it out because you don't like it, if you call and ask if they have a tahoe then mysteriously say that the Nissan has an issue they'll probably be wary of your request and just be allocated a car that they have (if they have one in your class available).

You can only try but remember that you'll need to fill the Nissan before returning it
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
coventry_family
Very Serious Dibber

When you get there if they try to give you anything other than an American car just tell them you don't want it.
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coventry_family View Post
When you get there if they try to give you anything other than an American car just tell them you don't want it.
As the OP is picking up from an hotel this course of action could well end up with no car being available.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
As the OP is picking up from an hotel this course of action could well end up with no car being available.
Exactly, the hotels only turnaround what comes into them or if they have a booking for a class they don't have then the car is moved in for that booking only.

It might be a case of suck it and see, if they don't have it then unfortunately you don't get it this time as the make of car isn't a guarantee.
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the replies
I get that you only get what is at the hotel, but as I say, what if I phone a few days before and ask for a Tahoe, what is the likelihood of one being there? is it only what the last renter has dropped off? Or can they arrange for one to be dropped off?

Again thanks in advance

Mike
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It will be very slim pickings at the hotel, you may even find you get downgraded or upgraded on size of car you get. Due to the location it will be hard for them to get what you want. You could try calling them but I honestly don’t think it will help. Could you change the pick up to mco and you will have much better chance of getting one, it’s only a 20min uber ride away
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

agree with the above posts... but just dont ask for a GMC Tahoe, ask for a Chevy Tahoe or a GMC Yukon. (which are the same car)
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dynomikered View Post
Thanks for the replies
I get that you only get what is at the hotel, but as I say, what if I phone a few days before and ask for a Tahoe, what is the likelihood of one being there? is it only what the last renter has dropped off? Or can they arrange for one to be dropped off?

Again thanks in advance

Mike
They won't drop one for you as the hotel don't have stock of cars, they turnaround what the last renter had.

I would suggest claiming car is pulling to the side or an intermittent knocking sound rather than straight out asking if they have the model as they won't just swap it as you don't like it

Another suggestion is to go to the alamo branch at Disney (DCCC) and claim the above as they are more likely to have some stock of cars than the hotel.

Definitely wouldn't phone to ask if they have one, just take a chance...beware returning it may see you downgraded so if they can't get your class of car be prepared to suck it up and say that you'll have to live with the issue, they might then say they'll find you something and ask you to come back

Edited at 11:50 PM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies
As everyone says I'll just see what I get and take it from there 👍🏻