Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
scotgirl
VIP Dibber

scotgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
False Nails & Contact Lenses

For those of you who have false nails done and wear contact lenses. How do you get on with putting your lenses in and taking them out? was it a matter of just practicing so you don't accidentally poke your eyes out?! My nails always seem to break when I'm away so I'd love to have them done for going but I don't know how I'd fare with my lenses. I would have them a reasonable length and an oval or rounded shape. Any of your experiences would be appreciated.
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Have gel nails rather than acrilyic.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

I had acrylics for years and wore contacts - It's practice
I don't really like the too long or pointy but more the old oval shape so they worked fine for me. You will be fine, you may give a little jab now and then lol but they should go in no problem
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

As long as they are not overly long and pointed it should be fine - just a bit of practice. I was using the side of my finger to insert them which I found easier. However, I had used false nails for such a long time my real nails were in such a bad state I have had to stop using them and now my real nails are quite nice and long and it's a lot easier to deal with lenses
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I just have gel on my own nails . I can’t get them out otherwise and risk scratching my eye which is not good and not worth it .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I have long acrylic nails & used to put my daughters contacts in for her, it just takes a little practice. She was only 8 so needed help, i used the side of my finger no problem. she's 13 now and has been able to do it herself the past 4 years so fortunately not a problem anymore!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I try and keep my finger and thumb a little shorter than the rest of my nails.
For getting them out i swish my eye up a little to make the contact crease in the corner of my eye, and then I can easily lift it out.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I often have huge sharp nails and have no issues, I just use the sides of my fingers!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

I don't touch my lenses at all when taking them out. I use my upper and lower lid to just pop them out.
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have long acrylics at the moment in a coffin shape and have no issues, just turn your fingers slightly so you use the sides of your fingers.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List