Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Oct 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
I agree about walking over to Riverside for a different/better choice, just don't make the same mistake as us and go before 5 as the carving station doesn't open until then!
Also ABC Commissary in H.S for the pot roast
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Pinocchio Haus for flatbread and garlic knots!
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Wow thanks for the replies guys.
Will be checking all your suggestions out.

Hard work and think we've done right ditching the TS part of it.

Any resort QS we should try or is it hassle getting to them?
Since you'll be at POFQ you'll have a brilliant resort QS so I personally wouldn't bother with any others but it's up to you of course. Also if you're using Disney transport it is a hassle as you can't go direct from resort to resort. You have to go to a park or Disney Springs and change.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Westward Ho, a stand in Frontierland in MK. Their spicy chicken skewers are amazing. Katsura Grill in Epcot (Japan) is another of my favourites.
Were they snack or QS credits please?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Since you'll be at POFQ you'll have a brilliant resort QS so I personally wouldn't bother with any others but it's up to you of course. Also if you're using Disney transport it is a hassle as you can't go direct from resort to resort. You have to go to a park or Disney Springs and change.
Yeah i was thinking its a bit of a hassle with the transport to get to other resorts unless you sort of kill 2 birds with 1 stone if in say MK then nip to Polynesian.
But then again is it worth the hassle of leaving the parks when there's loads of choice in them and then back to the park.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

We are thinking of doing breakfast at the POFQ most mornings and then go to the parks. Are there any QS breakfasts in the parks worth doing?
Old 11 Oct 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We are thinking of doing breakfast at the POFQ most mornings and then go to the parks. Are there any QS breakfasts in the parks worth doing?
Be Our Guest is a fab use of a QS credit for breakfast.
We often just use a snack credit for eg cinnamon rolls, bagels etc as many are big enough for a meal!
The Boulangerie les Halles in France, Epcot is open at breakfast time and has fab pastries etc.
Starbucks in each park - you can have the largest of any coffee (venti) and pastries etc for a snack credit. We often share a venti caramel latte as they are massive, and have a pastry each = 1 QS meal.
Snack credit breakfasts -

BoG breakfast for 2 -
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 01:02 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Were they snack or QS credits please?
I don't know, I paid OOP for it as I was starting to run low on credits.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

We refuse to go back to Cooke's of Dublin, their “ chefs” cooked doughnuts in the same oil/ fat they cooked the fish and chips i and they tasted blooming disgusting. Never again the chips were under cooked the “ cod” was overdone and not much of it as there was more soggy batter inside it than actual fish. Even the smell there has put me off eating there.
It could have improved since then but it was one of the worst meals we’ve ever had on property and that includes the undercooked jacket potato I had at Boatwrights one visit.
I guess it’s like Marmite you either like the place or you don’t.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
We refuse to go back to Cooke's of Dublin, their “ chefs” cooked doughnuts in the same oil/ fat they cooked the fish and chips i and they tasted blooming disgusting. Never again the chips were under cooked the “ cod” was overdone and not much of it as there was more soggy batter inside it than actual fish. Even the smell there has put me off eating there.
It could have improved since then but it was one of the worst meals we’ve ever had on property and that includes the undercooked jacket potato I had at Boatwrights one visit.
I guess it’s like Marmite you either like the place or you don’t.
That's really interesting, as we always thought the place looked nice, but wouldn't try it as my mum and dad went there years ago and said exactly the same as you about the fish & chips - they were really disappointed, and said it was overpriced and disgusting.

I think you are right, it is a Marmite place.