Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Oct 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile “Happy tears, it’s all happy tears” Oct 19 Travel Day LIVE

Pre travel day is here

Hi from CSR!

Longest day ever! I was too excited to sleep so was wide awake at 4.30am! Finally got up at 6 and the alarm woke the boys at 6.30am. Despite my early start we’d all slept really well.

We were all ready and repacked by 7am so decided to take the cases down and check out this free grab and go breakfast we were told about on check in and have something in the room before we left for Gatwick.

Got downstairs and it was hammering down so Charlie and I waited in reception:

While Sam ran to and from the car getting the cases in:

The breakfast was quite good. There was a Costa machine and bacon rolls, sausage rolls and egg rolls as well as porridge pots and pastries:

Sam had a bacon roll, Charlie had a few pastries and I had a coffee. The boys said it was lovely.

Charlie then chilled out for a bit:

And we set off for Gatwick at 7.40am arriving at 8am as planned. We dropped the car off at meet and greet and went up to get checked in. I couldn’t print my boarding pass as had been selected for extra security, this was a blessing as we got to use first class check in and then got waved through priority security. It was 15 minutes between handing the car over and ordering breakfast at Nandos!

For breakfast I had a halloumi roll, Sam had nandos benedict and Charlie had pancakes - we all enjoyed it and it was £26:

We just had time for a wander as we took our time over breakfast and it was time to board:

We took off about 10 minutes late. We had our pretzels and drinks and Sam had spicy chicken, Charlie had chicken nuggets and mash and the veggie option for me was pasta with mascarpone and roasted veg. It was ok. Not the worst, not the best.

We all watched a few films and actually we all had a couple of hours sleep as well which was great. The flight was comfortable we felt like we had plenty of room and it didn’t feel that long.

Our afternoon meal came about 90 mins before landing, kids got a cheese sandwich box, Sam had smoked salmon sandwich and banana loaf and the veggie option was cheese salad sandwich. I didn’t eat it as it was beyond wet not just soggy. The air hostess kindly got me a pizza from premium economy instead which was nice:

My replacement 😍

I have to say the cabin crew weee brilliant. They bought drinks round every hour or so we felt really looked after.

We landed slightly behind schedule due to some turbulence on the flight and it took forever to get through immigration, almost 2 hours! There wasn’t much direction and they kept splitting the queue at random points so people who’d been 20 or so people behind us were suddenly going through before us etc. We also had to wait over half an hour for the magical express.

Finally though we arrived at Coronado Springs. It’s beautiful, the view when you walk in is stunning. I’d requested Casitas and we are in Casitas 5 with a partial lake view so we are really pleased. Our pre ordered magic bands were ready after a confused 5 minutes:

The rooms are really nice here, we are all really happy:

By now it was almost 1am UK time and we just needed food and bed so we launched the packing cubes in to drawers and headed off to El Mercado for some food. We just got two nachos portions with a rose wine and bud light between us and got our refillable mugs. These did the job. I doubt we’ll be eating there much to be honest!

We then nipped to Panchitos and got some new ears for me, a new hat for Sam and an autograph book and pen for Charlie for around $70.

We’re now all freshly showered, Charlie is fast asleep and we’re going to not be far behind!

Tomorrow we hit our first ever EMH at Epcot, see you then x
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

What a great travel day - your room looks lovely. Your magic bands are intriguing what designs are on them? They look fab

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a great travel day - your room looks lovely. Your magic bands are intriguing what designs are on them? They look fab
These are the designs, we’re really pleased with them 😊
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
They really do look great

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List