Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Oct 19, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

“Happy tears, it’s all happy tears” Oct ‘19, Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

We all slept really well last night and were woken by the alarm at 6.30! We were all half asleep and I don’t think we woke up until we arrived at the park!

We got really lucky today as a Magic Kingdom bus arrived as we did at the bus stop so no waiting. Charlie was given some stickers by the driver as well which was a nice bit of Disney Magic.

We arrived at 8am which was normal opening today so no EMH for us.

We liked the Halloween decorations a lot. As we walked up Main Street breathing it in and enjoying the atmosphere we got a quick castle pic:

And as we got to the top the welcome show started. We’ve never seen this so stopped to check it out:

And we loved the fairy god mother magic:

Then we decided to head to dumbo. We love a tradition and dumbo will always be the first ride in MK for us:

Then we did barnstormer as we’ve never done it and I want to go home saying I’ve ridden every ride at Disneyworld. This is short but better than expected! Then I looked at the app and could it be... Seven Dwarves was only 30 mins!? We decided to give it a go as this was one that got away last time and although we have a FP for next week we did want to do it. The queue took us less than 20 minutes we couldn’t believe it! We enjoyed it a lot. I liked that it has the theming in the middle. Charlie told me to dab for the camera and apparently I did it wrong. 31 and old and rubbish 😂

Then we did this classic. Sam hates this and as we walked in just muttered “let’s get it over and done with then” no taste at all that man! Doesn’t he know it’s the..

We then went over to Haunted Mansion which showed a 15 minute wait but was more like 5.

The park was so quiet this morning. I guess because it was MNSSHP tonight so people were coming later.

We then decided to go to Gaston’s for a cinnamon roll. Charlie queued up and confidently asked for a ’cimmininny’ roll please. The lady gave it to him and said as you ordered that so beautifully with such lovely manners this one is on Mickey. He was so pleased and couldn’t wait to tell Sam he’d been given something “on Mickey” it was a lovely bit of Disney Magic.

Then it was time for our first FP for Space Mountain, we loved this and all 3 of us were laughing all the way round, not that our pictures show it! I saw the camera and was thinking do something, do something and that was the best I could think of 🙈😂

On the way out Charlie bought a Donald hat, he has always loved Donald and Goofy the most and wanted a Donald hat for Chef Mickeys this evening. This was $26.

We went over to Pirates of the Caribbean next as this was showing 20 minutes and we like this ride. Again this was less than posted and we were out within 15 minutes. God knows what was wrong with me and Sam in this pic we look possessed! It’s still an improvement on our last ride pic though a few years ago when it was the back of all our heads!

Then it was time for our fave. Thunder Mountain and FP 2.

Followed straight after by Splash Mountain. Last time we were here we only got a slight splash. This time it was like someone threw a bucket of water in my face! Sam said I looked like a drowned rat but you know what... my make up setting spray held up and my make up did not budge until I took it off tonight 👏🏻

I then mobile ordered for Pinocchios village Haus for a meat lovers flatbread, a gourmet cheese flatbread and a side of breadsticks. By now it was 1pm and we had a Chef Mickeys reservation at 5 so didn’t want to eat too much. We all really enjoyed this. It would have been $40 if not on the QSDP but was 2 QS credits and 1 snack credit:

After eating this (and brushing my teeth and putting my braces back on!) we decided to do the carousel and the watch the parade. When we got to the parade there was no where to watch as it was suddenly really busy so we decided to go to Jungle Cruise as Sam loves the cheesy jokes before heading to our 4th FP.

Our skipper was called Tucker and he was hilarious. Loosely stuck to the script but was interacting with all of the guests and had us all laughing.

Then we did Tomorrow Land Speedway for a 4th FP. There were hardly any fast passes to book after 1pm. I think this again was due to the MNSSHP as I guess people were coming in late and taking the majority of available FPs for their arrival.

Anyway I digress. Sam had the ‘pleasure’ of being Charlie’s passenger this time as I got that short straw last time. I followed behind as they zigzagged banging in to the guide line the whole way round 😂😂🤣

Then I booked another FP for Monsters Inc which we all enjoyed and when we came out Buzz had dropped to a 25 minute wait, the lowest we’ve seen so we joined the queue. Again this was way lower than posted so we were done within 20 minutes. I won, no big deal but I got the highest score again 😁

Intense faces!

Then we rode the tea cups and the boys made me feel sick and it was time to call it a day, I was really chuffed to manage 14 rides in 8 hours with 3 or 4 sit downs for drinks of water and food!

We got the monorail to the Contempory for Chef Mickeys dinner.

The food was good. Veggie options weren’t bad at all!

Charlie’s chicken and shrimp mac and cheese. He did follow this up with some salad and fruit before desserts.

Sam had some of everything. He really liked the pot roast and the salmon from the carving station:

I had sun dried tomato gnocchi, tortellini, vegan egg fried special rice and miso soup. Plus breads, houmous, salad and cheeses.

I think between us we managed some of every dessert!

The character interactions were fab and Charlie really surprised me, he was SO excited to meet the characters especially Goofy and Donald. The interactions were all great and we loved their dancing and getting us to wave our napkins around our heads.

Donald really like Charlie’s new hat, he kept telling him they were both number 1!

It was worth every penny paying $230 for this. Charlie was so so excited and he’s so grown up now this childhood innocence isn’t seen that often. It was amazing to see.

We got the monorail back round so we’d done the full loop to Magic Kingdom and again a bus was waiting for us to take us back to CSR.

Magic Kingdom looked amazing for the party.

We’ve come back for an early night tonight as we are off out and about tomorrow to Wild Florida and shopping before finishing with a couple of late night hours in Magic Kingdom.

Today’s stats:

Money spent - $230 ($100 gift card, plus $90 opt out of mousekeeping - so $40 actual spend with tip)
Credits used - 2 x QS, 1 x snack credit
Rides done - 14
Steps - 22500

See you tomorrow and thanks for reading x

Edited at 02:47 AM.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another fab day! The pizzas looked good too!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Great ride hopping in MK! Loving the ride photos
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great day and lovely photos.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List