Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Phild
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
I'm actually not doing anything until this lot settles down.

It can only go two ways - blow over quite quickly.

The gloom and doomsters are right - by which time we will have traversed into some kind of hell on earth.

Until the way becomes clear I'm just going to stand back and watch ...
Totally agree mate. The world economy cannot sustain this doom and gloom reaction of shutting the world down for more than a few weeks and leaders/politicians (especially ruthless businessman Trump) will need to make a harsh decision sooner rather than later to reverse and re-open the country to get the money coming back in to bring the country back to its feet. If that means suffering sadly a few more deaths of the 'at risk' categories then that's a decision governments will have to make, as in reality the longer this shutdown goes on there is going to be exponentially far more deaths through suicides when companies are collapsing and millions of people are losing their jobs and livelihoods. Harsh reality but real reality.
Phild is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

I am looking for a trip sept/oct this year but the thing thats stopping me is will i get insurance.
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Personally I would speak to your insurer before booking anything else.

Ask the question - if I book something for October and have to cancel later as the FCO remains not to travel, will I be covered for cancellation?

If they say no, then don’t book.

If your policy expires prior to travel, I wouldn’t book as insurers may review their policies and include a Covid-19 exclusion.

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

We are booked for September for my 50th, we are booked through Disney for Hotel, Flights & Tickets. We normally would have booked Universal, but there was that issue with Tesco Clubcard and then this happened everywhere and so we haven't booked anything Universal side yet.

Usually we would be really excited planning, but that excitement isn't there,

I feel so bad for the people that went out there and then they shut all the parks etc, had to be done, but when you spend all that time planning and are so excited, it's not a cheap holiday for it to be snatched away like that. (I don't blame Disney/Universal etc for that)

At the moment, we are all just living day to day, wondering if we can buy the essentials before it all gets sold out to panic buyers. At least the supermarkets are starting over 70's hours ...
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If I didn’t already have flights booked I wouldn’t be booking them now. I think things will be getting back to normal by September however I would wait until things are a bit more certain.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Already had two bookings.

We're hoping for WDW 8th May to 26th May then RC cruise and week on Anna Maria Island 11th Sep to 26th Sep.

As a bit of a fallback I've also booked us into Saratoga Springs and Old Key West with our DVC points - I have up to the end of July to cancel them and bank the points. Given the large number of points going back into the system I thought it wise to 'reserve' some availability for myself while there was some left.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

Yeah very hard for anyone going this year... do you leave it and watch the prices soar.. or do you book now and maybe risk having to cancel.. I was planning to go next year of my 50th.. but that all depends on prices for flights etc..
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Who is re booking for this year?

We are thinking about moving our trip to the end of August. The schools in the US will have started and we will have the Halloween party (on our bucket list). Also keep the economy going..

KLM is giving us a voucher what we need to use within 12 months.
ATD will give a refund or we can rebook until 3 Oct (fee dining).

Just worried about what would happen if the parks are open but we are still not allowed to fly...

So this is us, what will you be doing?

Edited at 08:52 AM.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have a trip booked for August which I’m fully prepared to cancel by July 10th if the situation isn’t clearer by then. I’m not going anywhere till this is over, wether that’s 6 months or 18 months time, sounds drastic but with pre existing conditions it’s a risk I’m not taking. I wouldn’t be booking anything now for the foreseeable, but that’s just me because I’m being very cautious (which isn’t like me at all) but my family and health is far more important than a holiday. I’ll be gutted don’t get me wrong, but I just think it’s too risky financially aswell.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
TheSaints
Getting to know the DIBB

I know it is extremely tempting to rebook for later in the year for anyone who has been affected by cancellations but there is every chance that there will be some sort of restrictions in place regarding public gatherings or travel for over 12 months.

If you do rebook then please check insurance policies as some will not cover for a "known event" which Covid-19 now is and although there may not be a blanket ban on travel, travel restrictions or suggested limited opening/capacity of theme parks could lead to cancellations.

Most importantly, stay safe and hopefully we are all back to normal asap
TheSaints is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List