Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 May 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
Thank you, I did call straight back but it was a 50min wait so decided I would calm down and try again another day, fortunately with the 35 days I now have plenty of time
I must've got the same person as you then!

I was due to go for 5 days 18th July @POR with free qsdp and giftcards totalling $300. Balance due next weekend.

When I asked what my options were, it was cancel and lose my deposit or pay amendment fee and additional costs for 2021.

She wouldn't budge. I told her that was not what was happening on the WDTC UK phone line and asked her to double check with a supervisor.

15 mins later, she agreed to rebook everything to 2021 with no amendment fee but said she had to cancel the original booking (ie not a transfer) and issue me with a new holiday invoice number. She said my deposit and payments would be credited to my new booking .

She was adamant that if a new offer arose, i'd have to cancel my booking again but this time,lose my deposit and rebook new offer.
I said thats not what uk dibbers being told. They were told they could transfer to the new offer for an amendment fee of £50.

She categorically denied that any new booking offer was an amendment and said she had no details of any offers for 2021 and didn't think there would be as theres been a lot of bookings for 2021!
If I chose to move to a new offer, it'd be treated as a cancellation and i'd lose my deposit.

It was a bit of a struggle, but I finally got my hols transferred without losing my deposit or paying an amendment fee.

I had to pay 'a change in price' for the 2021 booking (room more expensive & 21 day ults more expensive too)ADDITIONAL COST OF €242 BUT NO DINING OR GIFTCARDS with that.

and if there are no offers, I fully intend to 'downgrade' my booking and pay the amendment fee to do so!

What a saga!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

ON a brighter note, at least I get a new countdown

Hurrahh.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by missybpink View Post
Ok bit of info for you i'm going 30th Aug and i have just been given the exact same deal cancel full refund, payment 35 days before or a free move to next year, spoke to a lovely lady called Larkin.
Oh great news have today decided to cancel due to go 27th Aug will give them a phone call to see if I can get my deposit back . Thanks for the info .
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
It does seem that they are being inconsistent.

Mine was for resort plus tickets only. I wonder it it’s an issue if you had flights included?

One other point... no email yet for me. Hope this isn’t a sign of a mistake!
After 2 hours yesterday frantically checking my emails for the cancellation email I phoned back and spoke to another agent who confirmed my booking had indeed been cancelled and my £250 deposit refunded. She resent the email which like others have said shows the cancellation with £0 balances all over it.

I’m sure your booking cancellation will be fine!
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridajill View Post
After 2 hours yesterday frantically checking my emails for the cancellation email I phoned back and spoke to another agent who confirmed my booking had indeed been cancelled and my £250 deposit refunded. She resent the email which like others have said shows the cancellation with £0 balances all over it.

I’m sure your booking cancellation will be fine!
Yep , my email arrived over night. Mine shows the £50 amendment fee I had for changing resorts. I know that’s not refundable. So £200 coming back.
👍
DisneyYoda is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
KazMT60
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’ve just come off of the phone from WDTC, cancelled our holiday for 23 August. We had the hotel/tickets/flights all booked through them. I have had the £200 Disney deposit refunded but lost the £400 flight deposit.
KazMT60 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KazMT60 View Post
I’ve just come off of the phone from WDTC, cancelled our holiday for 23 August. We had the hotel/tickets/flights all booked through them. I have had the £200 Disney deposit refunded but lost the £400 flight deposit.
Thanks for this info as we have everything booked with Disney too. Did you just say you wanted to cancel and ask for the deposit back? I want to call this morning.

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
tigertoots
I have Ears

Result! Thank you OP. I have had my booking cancelled and my £250 deposit refunded!
Glad to hear it!

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Does anyone know what date they have extended the 30th June deadline to?
Not sure but definitely beyond our arrival date with was 11th July for 14 nights.

Did anyone get an email confirmation of cancellation and refund?
The email I got was like a reprint of the invoice except with all the balances zeroed. She said expect it on the CC in a week or so.

See you soon WDW
tigertoots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Our holiday is booked for 6th September, but they want the final balance by the end of May. We booked the whole package direct with Disney, I don't get why we have to pay the end of May when we aren't going until September, they are not going to know anything that is going on by then probably anyway.

Anyone else in this situation?
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The policy is now changed to not having to pay for hotels until 35days before, sorry I dont know the flight situation as I didnt do those with WDTC UK.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List