Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KazMT60
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by HansysMum View Post
Thanks for this info as we have everything booked with Disney too. Did you just say you wanted to cancel and ask for the deposit back? I want to call this morning.
Hi, I just asked what were my options, she said to pay full balance, rebook for next year, or cancel. I asked will I be able to save any of my deposit if I cancel, she went away to ask a supervisor because of the flight element and come back to say they will refund the Disney deposit but couldn’t do anything on the flight deposit.
I was expecting to lose the lot so am happy that I’ve save something! Good luck with what you decide to do, I’m waiting for next years offers before I rebook, it also depends what flight prices do too!
KazMT60 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

For those who moved your booking rather than cancelling, did you keep the gift cards or were those lost along with Free Dining?
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
For those who moved your booking rather than cancelling, did you keep the gift cards or were those lost along with Free Dining?
You lose them. I cancelled July 2020. Used the same deposit to rebook for September 2021. Paid £50 amendment fee which I will claim back if Disney start cancelled July bookings themselves. No free dining or gift card but I knew that would be the case. My holiday was actually £1k less but obviously free dining for 3 is worth more than that. It is what it is.
Old 17 May 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

I have cancelled my July 1st booking. Options were to move to before 3rd Oct 2020 and keep free dining mad gift cards, move to a later date with no amendment fee or cancel and deposit refunded.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
You lose them. I cancelled July 2020. Used the same deposit to rebook for September 2021. Paid £50 amendment fee which I will claim back if Disney start cancelled July bookings themselves. No free dining or gift card but I knew that would be the case. My holiday was actually £1k less but obviously free dining for 3 is worth more than that. It is what it is.
Thanks - I did think that was the case, but thought I’d double check. I booked next year without free dining, etc. Wasn’t sure whether to move this year’s and cancel my booking for next. If I cancel this years, I’ll not lose anything. But, there’s a bit of me wondering if WDW will be more willing to add free dining offers to those 2020 bookings that had free dining and were moved to 2021. Probably make no difference though 😂😂
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Thanks - I did think that was the case, but thought I’d double check. I booked next year without free dining, etc. Wasn’t sure whether to move this year’s and cancel my booking for next. If I cancel this years, I’ll not lose anything. But, there’s a bit of me wondering if WDW will be more willing to add free dining offers to those 2020 bookings that had free dining and were moved to 2021. Probably make no difference though 😂😂
I was thinking the same thing but 'moved' my booking to next year in the end as my balance was due next week and I had a feeling if they have 'moved on' from the 30th June booking deadline to july/august, the telephone lines may become 'swamped' this week-so I wanted to get the change done while I could, without waiting an hour on the phone from ireland!
However, that mean't WDTC cancelling my 2020 booking and re-booking the same package (excluding dining and gift cards) and dates etc in 2021.
I didn't pay any fee and they say my deposit and other monies paid have been credited to my new booking.
I have a new invoice number for 2021 with a new balance due date of May 21 but as yet, no confirmation of cancellation of the 2020 booking and no credit/refund of deposit and the other payments I made.
I'll give them a week to sort & will call back thereafter!

Has anyone else who re-booked for 2021 direct with Disney/WDTC been given a new/different booking reference and balance due date?

Did you get confirmation you could 'transfer' to any new offer that came up eg disney dining (if applicable to your booking) for an amendment fee of £50 /€65 ?

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 05:10 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

I phoned and cancelled my July trip today. The lady I spoke to was really helpful and offered us the refund straight away. Now I'm sat here feeling super sad and checking the Disney site every hour to see if they have released free dining for 2021 yet. xx
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

It definitely says May, I had the 14 day beforehand email reminding me as well, I have even spoken to them on the phone and they confirmed the end of May. We booked on 5th March when Coronavirus was known, but not a big deal in this country and you could still get travel insurance to cover it (which we did). I had to ring them about 25th to see what's happening, but are they really going to know then?
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Mobile

I’m a little confused reading this thread which is easily done 😂. We have booked hotel and tickets for 16th August 2020, can I ring now to request a free cancellation with refund? My balance will be due shortly 🤷

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by sungiggs View Post
I’m a little confused reading this thread which is easily done 😂. We have booked hotel and tickets for 16th August 2020, can I ring now to request a free cancellation with refund? My balance will be due shortly 🤷
Yes you can phone now and request refund of your deposit and cancel.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List