Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jun 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

September Booking

We booked the full Disney package for Flights, Resort & Tickets on the Disney UK Website and on the 12th June, like others we received the email with the 3 options - Accept, Amend, Cancel to be done by 27th, although the website now says 28th.

At the time I rang 0800 169 0730 and they advised that if we accepted then the t&c's of later cancellation would be 100% Flight Costs and 15% everything else.

Yesterday I rang Guest Relations with regard to Quarantine and how that might affect us if we accepted and was told that anyone who had a booking up to 3rd October could cancel free of charge and get 100% back, she added a note to my booking.

I found this information on Google, but by American websites, but I can't find this on the Co.uk website, even though it is supposed to be there?

I rang Guest Relations today and the person said I would have to let them know a month in advance of travelling if I wanted to cancel for a full refund, but I can't find any info on that either.

So has anyone spoken to Disney about this, know where it is or anything?

Thank you

p.s I am aware that it will probably be cancelled anyway, but you never know
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

If it were me I would call again and cancel Then your free to book again when it's safe. 50 is the new 30 plenty more to celebrate Happy Birthday in 70 days
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by billbarbara229 View Post
If it were me I would call again and cancel Then your free to book again when it's safe. 50 is the new 30 plenty more to celebrate Happy Birthday in 70 days
Thank you

We would have cancelled but it is the only chance my son can come with us as he goes back to Uni as soon as we get back.

It will probably be cancelled for us if things don't improve over there, but we would rather that than have to cancel ourselves.

We will be calling again, it's just a shame each person gives different information and I just want to be able to see accurate information, apparently it was on the website on 8th June. More Hours of repeated Disney hold music
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Taggie View Post
Thank you

We would have cancelled but it is the only chance my son can come with us as he goes back to Uni as soon as we get back.

It will probably be cancelled for us if things don't improve over there, but we would rather that than have to cancel ourselves.

We will be calling again, it's just a shame each person gives different information and I just want to be able to see accurate information, apparently it was on the website on 8th June. More Hours of repeated Disney hold music
It is frustrating the different information from different cast members!-We have been told loss of deposit (no flights on our booking) but also like you told 100% back for bookings before October 3rd so none the wiser-this is of course on top of the fact that they havent changed where we are staying but that's another issue and likely we wont be allowed in now anyway!.Hope you find out some info,I've given up calling,apparently they are going to 'reach out to me'.Good luck
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
It is frustrating the different information from different cast members!-We have been told loss of deposit (no flights on our booking) but also like you told 100% back for bookings before October 3rd so none the wiser-this is of course on top of the fact that they havent changed where we are staying but that's another issue and likely we wont be allowed in now anyway!.Hope you find out some info,I've given up calling,apparently they are going to 'reach out to me'.Good luck
Did you accept the on-line thing that had to be done by yesterday, but the date changed to being done by today?

Glad I'm not the only one that has been told 100% for bookings up to 3rd October, can you remember if it was Reservations 0800 169 0730 or Guest Relations 0800 280 778 that told you
Old 28 Jun 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

I have spoken to Disney today and they have confirmed that all bookings up to 3rd October can still cancel after accepting the booking. As we have flights booked with them we have to let them know 30 days beforehand if we want to cancel for a full refund

They said I could make part payment but the website only offers pay whole balance and now another long wait to get through again, I'm sure there was a payment option of there before.