Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like a lovely holiday with lots of things done

Joan
We really did have a great trip. Thanks for reading Joan 😁

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fab report a perfect read for a cold January morning, thank you for sharing. Your villa looked lovely, Highgrove does seem to be a really nice area to stay. Celebration never disappoints it is such a special place , some amazing homes to see. Enjoy your planning for route 66, a new experience to look forward too.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by macy View Post
Fab report a perfect read for a cold January morning, thank you for sharing. Your villa looked lovely, Highgrove does seem to be a really nice area to stay. Celebration never disappoints it is such a special place , some amazing homes to see. Enjoy your planning for route 66, a new experience to look forward too.
Thank you for reading. We loved the High Grove area, so handy for everything. We would definitely stay there again.

We’re really looking forward to our Route 66 adventure, definitely a new experience for us.

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like you both had a fab holiday! Nice relaxing and chilled!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Sounds like you both had a fab holiday! Nice relaxing and chilled!
Thank you for reading. Yes, it was a really chilled out holiday this time. It was nice to take each day at our own pace 😁

Old 27 Jan 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I love how relaxed this trip has been, so much chilling by the pool and just watching the wildlife. The gun range seems so scary to me, but it looks like you had great fun (apart from the instructions). Were you able to provide feedback after the session? I think I'd have been the same and preferred to have been physically put into the correct position.

Until your travelling around Disney property you don't get how huge it is do you. I remember getting the bus from Port Orleans and taking 20 minutes or so to get to AK or Magic Kingdom (can't remember which) then there was Fort Wilderness ... now that's huge You've just made me curious and I've googled, Disney is:

"25,000 acres. Covering nearly 40 square miles, Walt Disney World Resort is about the size of San Francisco or two Manhattan islands."

:o

Obviously the highlight was the launch what a fab day, it sounds amazing, but I love how you managed to go back and get the things you wanted ... never mind happy wife, happy life, happy husband

I love the Pandora charm, so beautiful and elegant. I also go for the Park Exclusives, it makes it all feel more special knowing that you can't get them here I think.

So many highs of the trip and not many lows, thank you so much for sharing, looks like you had a fab trip and it shows you can still have plenty to do without having park tickets. I think we're going to do a bit of resort hoping in our Dec/Jan trip Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It sounds like you had a wonderful time Lynda!
It’s the dream to go around the Christmas period so I can see the decorations but most importantly the Gingerbread House in the GF!
It looked a lovely chilled day in Clearwater, so nice to spend a day by the sea.
The gun club is something Jim would love to go to, I’m not too sure but maybe I should give it a go as you enjoyed it so much.
We love Celebration, such a laid back and quaint atmosphere. We always pick house we’ll buy after winning the lottery too!
The resort hopping looks great, we were meant to do this back in 2018 but ran out of time! It’s on the list for sure
Your villa looks perfect! We had a lake view from ours the last 2 visits and I now wouldn’t book one without. Watching the wildlife and the sun set every night was one of my favourite things too.
Overall it was a trip of highs with only a few lows, not long until Route 66 now!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I love how relaxed this trip has been, so much chilling by the pool and just watching the wildlife. The gun range seems so scary to me, but it looks like you had great fun (apart from the instructions). Were you able to provide feedback after the session? I think I'd have been the same and preferred to have been physically put into the correct position.

Until your travelling around Disney property you don't get how huge it is do you. I remember getting the bus from Port Orleans and taking 20 minutes or so to get to AK or Magic Kingdom (can't remember which) then there was Fort Wilderness ... now that's huge You've just made me curious and I've googled, Disney is:

"25,000 acres. Covering nearly 40 square miles, Walt Disney World Resort is about the size of San Francisco or two Manhattan islands."

:o

Obviously the highlight was the launch what a fab day, it sounds amazing, but I love how you managed to go back and get the things you wanted ... never mind happy wife, happy life, happy husband

I love the Pandora charm, so beautiful and elegant. I also go for the Park Exclusives, it makes it all feel more special knowing that you can't get them here I think.

So many highs of the trip and not many lows, thank you so much for sharing, looks like you had a fab trip and it shows you can still have plenty to do without having park tickets. I think we're going to do a bit of resort hoping in our Dec/Jan trip Xx
Hey Kelly, thanks for reading. You know, I didn't look to see if I could leave feedback about the gun range - I might do that now.

Haha, thanks for the Disney property stats... it really is massive isn't it. No wonder we all get lost now and again!

The launch was definitely a highlight, even though it didn't last long it was still a great day... made better by getting some purchases in

Resort hopping was fun - we didn't do much at the resorts other than look around, but I'm sure there's plenty to do at some of them to keep the kids occupied too. We enjoyed it and would do it again.

Thanks again Kelly.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
It sounds like you had a wonderful time Lynda!
It’s the dream to go around the Christmas period so I can see the decorations but most importantly the Gingerbread House in the GF!
It looked a lovely chilled day in Clearwater, so nice to spend a day by the sea.
The gun club is something Jim would love to go to, I’m not too sure but maybe I should give it a go as you enjoyed it so much.
We love Celebration, such a laid back and quaint atmosphere. We always pick house we’ll buy after winning the lottery too!
The resort hopping looks great, we were meant to do this back in 2018 but ran out of time! It’s on the list for sure
Your villa looks perfect! We had a lake view from ours the last 2 visits and I now wouldn’t book one without. Watching the wildlife and the sun set every night was one of my favourite things too.
Overall it was a trip of highs with only a few lows, not long until Route 66 now!
Hi Alicia, thank you for reading. Seeing the Gingerbread House at the GF was definitely a highlight for me, maybe not so much for Neil. It's so pretty. Clearwater was a good day out too, although the sea wasn't as warm as we had expected.

I was really nervous before our gun club experience, but once I saw that it wasn't a seedy backstreet place I was fine. I don't think this kind of activity is for everybody but if you think it's something you like you should definitely give it a go. I enjoyed it and would do it again, but choosing my own package.

We adore Celebration - to be honest, I'd take any one of the houses, they're all amazing. On a slightly smaller scale, our villa was really great - one of the best we've stayed in. I think we'll be the same now, and look for villas with conservation views. I'm sure you'll get around to resort hopping one day, there's just so much to do over there.

I'm very excited by your new countdown for a Southern States roadtrip… I can't wait to read all about that. Yes, not long for R66 now, I'm hoping to start the pre-trip fairly soon now that we've got a rough plan in place.

Old 29 Jul 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I LOVED this report. It made me feel so ‘homesick’ as your villa is just a couple of doors down from the one we always rent so your pool chilling photos brought so many memories back for me.

And you went to Teak - our absolute favourite

I confess I did skip past the gun range part as even scrolling through it made me anxious. But I loved all the places you visited. Oh I miss it so much!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List