Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Apr 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Happy anniversary the steaks do look a little lonely on those plates don’t they ? I didn’t know you can ask for cheese free pizza so thanks for that tip ,dd can’t eat cheese .looking forward to next day
Glad that something I have written can come in useful on your next trip - Cheeseless pizza is a must in our house just for DW.
Thanks for reading

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Happy anniversary again.

What a lovely way to spend your day together.

Sorry your meal wasn’t up to much - inc the missing veg 😳

The bills for 2TS credits are eye watering but they do help me justify some of the cost of staying onsite with free ddp for a few days and it also helped us pay for our friends to join us at California Grill with saved up credits. We weren’t over enthused by Yacthsman and felt we had a better meal at longhorns all for the cost of the tip at Yachtsman.

Wine in a refillable Disney mug in the hot tub, now that IS class! Wish I’d thought of it! Priceless 😂
Add it to the list for your next trip

Totally agree about Longhorns and the tip, even on DDP can be eyewatering in some 2TS places

Thanks for the anniversary wishes - it was certainly a great way to remember who quickly 20 years have gone!
xx

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

How lovely to end the day in the pool and how nice that the boys are old enough for you to leave them for a while and go shopping without them. It's a shame that your meal at Yachtsman wasn't quite up to what you were expecting. It's one of the few restaurants that we've eaten at on both our previous trips and still made it onto the list for the next trip too. I'm trying to think if we had vegetables but I really can't remember. I know our youngest DD did with our kids meal as she surprised our waiter by double checking that if she swapped the mash for fries she would still get the vegetables. He said he had never been asked that before!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
How lovely to end the day in the pool and how nice that the boys are old enough for you to leave them for a while and go shopping without them. It's a shame that your meal at Yachtsman wasn't quite up to what you were expecting. It's one of the few restaurants that we've eaten at on both our previous trips and still made it onto the list for the next trip too. I'm trying to think if we had vegetables but I really can't remember. I know our youngest DD did with our kids meal as she surprised our waiter by double checking that if she swapped the mash for fries she would still get the vegetables. He said he had never been asked that before!

We needed your youngest DD with us!
We had previously really enjoyed eating in The Yachysman's and to be honest with a dining plan would probably do so again - our very first visit there we paid OOP - I don't think we will ever be able to do that again

Thanks for reading along and I will catch up with more of your comments after I have got Day 18 posted

Old 22 Jul 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I made it to day 7! A great read and you seem to be filling the days without rushing about too much. We have found the posh table service restaurants sometime lack a little sparkle. It's as if the menu is designed to get you to order extras beyond the DP. Out of pocket prices are very high and so even an extra glass of wine or cocktail each can add another $30 to the bill. We absolutely loved California Grill for Dinner (and fireworks from the balcony) The service was excellent and the food was superb. We are keen to try again for brunch on the weekend. Nice to finish the day in the pool. It seems to wash the day away and smooth out the stresses of the day.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
I made it to day 7! A great read and you seem to be filling the days without rushing about too much. We have found the posh table service restaurants sometime lack a little sparkle. It's as if the menu is designed to get you to order extras beyond the DP. Out of pocket prices are very high and so even an extra glass of wine or cocktail each can add another $30 to the bill. We absolutely loved California Grill for Dinner (and fireworks from the balcony) The service was excellent and the food was superb. We are keen to try again for brunch on the weekend. Nice to finish the day in the pool. It seems to wash the day away and smooth out the stresses of the day.
Welcome back I think you are in previously unchartered territory now

We really do love the Cali Grill too, have enjoyed it a couple of times and had hoped for a great return to the Yachtsman's too.
You are spot on in the design of the menu getting you to add extras that are not on the Dining Plan. At two TS credits you would have thought that Disney were getting enough value from that!

We have learned not to rush around, it goes against your instinct, but we find you actually get to enjoy things that bit more.

An evening swim certainly did finish the day with a soothing feeling.

Thanks for reading and appreciate you posting a reply too. It certainly helps keep me going to the very end

Old 23 Aug 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Happy Anniversary!

All I can say is thank God you needed to replenish essential stocks at Walmart to save getting beat at golf! That was handy

Looks like you had a great family day celebrating 20 great years!

Looking at those pictures of the lines to get in to ToT and yesterday’s FoP line makes you realise just how different the parks are today!

The steaks looked and sounded disappointing but the end of the evening made up for it with wine and hot tub! Great finish to any day!

Edited at 08:16 PM.
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
Happy Anniversary!

All I can say is thank God you needed to replenish essential stocks at Walmart to save getting beat at golf! That was handy

Looks like you had a great family day celebrating 20 great years!

Looking at those pictures of the lines to get in to ToT and yesterday’s FoP line makes you realise just how different the parks are today!

The steaks looked and sounded disappointing but the end of the evening made up for it with wine and hot tub! Great finish to any day!

The end of the day was a great way to celebrate 20 years and to be there in our happy place probably even more appreciated now than then.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes and as time goes on - I need more to avoid getting beat at golf

Old 30 Oct 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a pity about Yachtsman, especially after having such a gorgeous steak the previous evening. The steaks do look gorgeous but I did find there that the fillet is the only way to go. I am inclined to think the bread is enough a reason to visit! You are right that Ale & Compass is a fabulous alternative and only 1 credit.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a pity about Yachtsman, especially after having such a gorgeous steak the previous evening. The steaks do look gorgeous but I did find there that the fillet is the only way to go. I am inclined to think the bread is enough a reason to visit! You are right that Ale & Compass is a fabulous alternative and only 1 credit.
If we could do the bread and garlic like that at home it would be amazing!
Ale and Compass is a good alternative

Thanks for reading as always