Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I know you said you’ve checked everywhere but could it be in a place you wouldn’t expect.

My nan’s timer was in what was an old airing cupboard upstairs (possibly prior to her getting a Combi).

I only found it when I was helping her one day and she needed something out of that cupboard. I'd never have looked there otherwise if looking for the timer.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
I know you said you’ve checked everywhere but could it be in a place you wouldn’t expect.

My nan’s timer was in what was an old airing cupboard upstairs (possibly prior to her getting a Combi).

I only found it when I was helping her one day and she needed something out of that cupboard. I'd never have looked there otherwise if looking for the timer.
It's a one bedroom bungalow and currently empty. If the timer is there then it must be in the loft
I did actually look in all the cupboards.
I remember my mom (and my dad when he was alive) just never turned it off except in summer when they just set the thermostat to zero
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

My Mums timer is in the cupboard under the stairs and thermostat controller in the hallway
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
It's a one bedroom bungalow and currently empty. If the timer is there then it must be in the loft
I did actually look in all the cupboards.
I remember my mom (and my dad when he was alive) just never turned it off except in summer when they just set the thermostat to zero
Maybe not then!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
I don't believe so

community.hivehome/s/que...mes-on-the-app

Would be an expensive on off switch.

You could maybe use something like Home Assistant and some in line smart switches and just set up the timers there where they can be also set via the app. Would still be £100 or so in hardware (Raspberry Pi for Home Assistant) but would at least be usable for more future home automation (although I guess hive can do some of that as well).
I think you are right - There are three zones. Maybe something like three Sonoff smart switches and use the ewelink app.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I have seen systems like you describe. However if there is no timer it's most weird.

There is a solution that is very easy to do and the kit will only cost £30 max for a basic model. Plus Electricians fee on top.

Get an electrician to take off the stat and replace it with a timer. Stats are not necessary if you have an old fashioned (not Combi) boiler as long as you have TRV's on the Rads.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

We have a digital thermostat and it is programmed for times and temperature. Vaillant.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

It sounds like an old system and before I used it I would have it serviced by a competent engineer. During the job you can ask him how to operate it or if it is vfm to have it updated to be programmable or buy a new more efficient modern boiler installed
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Wouldn't touch it until it had been serviced. I didn't think people used timers now anyway and just used the thermostat.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Wouldn't touch it until it had been serviced. I didn't think people used timers now anyway and just used the thermostat.
I used our timer from 1986 until 2 weeks ago when I changed the boiler.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List