Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Aug 12, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

SSR - Toddler Sleeping Options

Hi Peeps,

We are looking at booking again for next year, but I know our DS20mths won't be in a cot/crib by then (we are dragging it out until we get back this time) and are a bit concerned regarding the high beds with no sides. After much googling, SSR do supply bed rails, but I would like to see a few pics if anyone has used them.

If not, have you bought a camp bed/ready bed at Walmart for your under 3? Unless the cribs don't have sides?

Previously and this trip we will use the pack and play in the cupboard.

Thanks in advance
Lorna
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 12, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are in either a 1 bed or a studio then I am assuming that DS will be in the sofa bed rather than the main bed. If so, these are not as high as the beds and I would think he would be ok unless he is very active. DD was always fine at an early age - we just made sure she laid in the middle when she went to sleep - even if she moved she never fell out.

If you are worried then it would be cheap enough to get an inflatable bed at Walmart when you arrive.

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 12, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We are taking a cheap blowup matress with us for DS who is 5 as he hates to be in a different room from us & we are staying in a 1 bed.
I have in the past (when DS was younger)got 2 foam mats from SSR that are supposed to make sofa bed more comfortable & used these to make up a make shift bed on the floor for him & this worked perfect. I do have a photo of this in my album on here if you can find it !
If you are in a studio he should be fine in the sofa bed, just ask for some extra pillows to put at the sides we have also done this for DS.
Old 21 Aug 12, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post

All Disney resorts can supply bed rails just ask when you check in or call Mousekeeping from your room.
Old 21 Aug 12, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraC
Apprentice Imagineer

We used bed rails last time we stayed at ssr, no problems at all. Got them from mouse keeping as day was a very wriggly 13 months. Don't have any pics but seen to remember they were basically like the Tomy ones we have here.
Old 21 Aug 12, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Last year and this year we have a 2 bedroom, us in the main bedroom with cot and my parents having the other bedroom (1 queen bed each). My dad snores and has done for years, so they haven't slept in the same bed for many years. When we've stayed in a villa, they've had their own bedroom.

Next year if we go, we didn't want to force my parents into sharing a bed if they come (if not we will be in a 1bedroom or studio and the sofa is perfect) but I want to put the options back to them. Either way no-one in the lounge is an option for us, this is the benefit of self catering, us having spare living space. Thats what makes it work going together, otherwise we would probably kill one another.

- DS blow up and parents same room
- Parents sharing / DS bed rails on queen or sofa bed if we request the studio style

Its annoying they don't put the one seater chair sofa bed in the main bedroom like in AK villas. This would solve my problems no end!
Old 22 Aug 12, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Misspie View Post
Last year and this year we have a 2 bedroom, us in the main bedroom with cot and my parents having the other bedroom (1 queen bed each). My dad snores and has done for years, so they haven't slept in the same bed for many years. When we've stayed in a villa, they've had their own bedroom.

Next year if we go, we didn't want to force my parents into sharing a bed if they come (if not we will be in a 1bedroom or studio and the sofa is perfect) but I want to put the options back to them. Either way no-one in the lounge is an option for us, this is the benefit of self catering, us having spare living space. Thats what makes it work going together, otherwise we would probably kill one another.

- DS blow up and parents same room
- Parents sharing / DS bed rails on queen or sofa bed if we request the studio style

Its annoying they don't put the one seater chair sofa bed in the main bedroom like in AK villas. This would solve my problems no end!
OKW has the single sofabed chair as well as the queen sofa bed. I don't see why an extra chair would be helpful though if you don't want to use the living area for sleeping. Unless you have a dedicated 2 bed, the 2nd bedroom will have a queen bed and double sofa bed.

Caron
Old 22 Aug 12, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

The sleeper chairs are in the living rooms at the resorts that have them so I don't see how that would help

Have you though about hiring a toddler bed - there are several companies that do it. You could put that in your bedroom then.

DD has always slept in the pullouts in the living room since being out of the pack n play. Never used the bed rails as she didn't needd them.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The bed in the master bedroom is enormous. I'd put your parents in there. I can't see how the snoring would be any worse from across the vast bed than from the 2nd bed, and it means neither is on a sofa bed.

You and your dd take the 2 nd bedroom. You get a queen, and dd gets the sofa or if you leave it folded up you'd have plenty of room for a toddler bed.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 12, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks all, this certainly gives us some food for thought. I also done so Walmart checking and you can pick up some small toddler bed options on there. Campbeds/blow ups/cheap disney bed lol
Closed Thread