Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ThenameisMouse
Getting Excited

Is it worth the cost/planning!

I know this will get mixed views, but I’ll put it out there, it’s a few years since we did a full on Disney holiday, but looking at it now for next year the costs seems to be escalating, not just the flights, but hotels, tickets, food etc. Also the planning, having to decide 120 or 60 days in advance as to where to go, which rides to go on, which out of hours “extra” should we pay for, where to eat, etc, etc

I loved our Disney holidays and I love Florida (I’m back again this year) but do you not think that the massive wheels of Disney are now making what once was a fantastic holiday it to a stressful event, even before we get there!

I know the question will be controversial espically on a Disney website, but am curious as to what others think!
(Oh and don’t get me wrong, I will be going back and financing the DISNEY corporation as soon as the pennies allow)!
1987 88HolidayInn IDrive, 2000 The Swan Disney Honeymoon,2004 Xmas Grande Beach Naples, 2005 Hawks Cay The keys,2006 Yankee Clipper Fort lauderdale,DD1st trip2009 Port Orleans FQ, Ds1stTrip Oct12 Port Orleans Riverside,Oct 2014 Riverside,2015 Christmas in Orlando/Naples, 2016Animal Kingdom Lodge,Oct 2017Miami&Universal,Oct 18 Naples, Oct 19 Naples
ThenameisMouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Obviously the increased cost is making it slightly less enjoyable but the planning doesn’t bother me. I quite enjoy it in fact. I find it much less stressful to know I’ll be able to ride the headliners and don’t mind booking ADRs. Our holiday works better if we have a plan for each day rather than deciding on the day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

We haven’t visited the Disney parks for our last two visits and I don’t see that changing. We do, however have annual passes for Universal, which we pay monthly on flex pay.
We prefer universal, but other will be the exact opposite
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

The increase in price is pretty crappy yes, but to be fair I everything these days is increasing price wise, it’s just the way things are.

As for planning, we love it. I know some don’t, my best friend for example wouldn’t dream of doing WDW because she found DLP too much planning (which I laughed especially after we visited DLP the first time this yr), but planning ADR’s, FP’s, even which parks we’ll visit on what days is all part of the fun & excitement for us.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I too love the planning of it but I can imagine how now first timers must shake their heads in wonder that we do. To be honest I think it is becoming less and less attractive to us. We usually only go every 2 to 3 years apart because we do a very expensive holiday in Canada every February & that is more important to us than Disney. We are at AKL this September as DH has always wanted to stay there but I wouldn't be surprised if this was in fact our last time (until we win the lotto at least). I would in fact be more interested in trying Tokyo, if I really wanted to go again, incorporating it with a Japan trip.
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Simply yes , enjoy it and as you know you will get lots of help
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I actually have withdrawal issues when not planning my Disney holiday. Last year we did Universal and this year a cruise with P&O - i’m Like “is that it’ once the hols are actually booked! However, my fingers are now tapping away on the iPad, the credit card is sobbing and my husband is a whiter shade of pale because the ‘Planner’ is back ... next year it’s Disney once more ❤️
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

if we had never been, i dont think i would see the appeal to take the kids now.

To be honest, i didnt even want to go this year, but decided that this year will be the last for a few years... though we have said that now for the last 6 years.

The thought of having to drop £2k on park passes and parking does not inspire me put it that way.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02

Edited at 07:35 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Johngela13 View Post
I actually have withdrawal issues when not planning my Disney holiday. Last year we did Universal and this year a cruise with P&O - i’m Like “is that it’ once the hols are actually booked! However, my fingers are now tapping away on the iPad, the credit card is sobbing and my husband is a whiter shade of pale because the ‘Planner’ is back ... next year it’s Disney once more ❤️
I was like this for DLP, I couldn’t get over or cope with how little there was to plan! I didn’t know what to do with myself or how to plan our days when there wasn’t actually anything to plan lol.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m not sure we can blame Disney for the need to plan, that’s just a way of mitigating the increasing popularity of the parks and the crowds. You don’t have to do any planning before you go of course but it would be rather unwise and I expect quite miserable paying thousands just to spend all your time queuing in the heat!

As for costs, market forces I guess as it seems no matter how expensive things become, the parks only seem to get busier and their resorts are at capacity. Whether a Disney holiday is ‘worth it’ or not is subjective. I personally think it can be, if done correctly (and well planned )
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List