Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerbelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Matching Family Outfits

I was wondering how many people had worn matching family outfits to the parks?

I have bought some Disney fabric to make my boys a couple of almost matching raglan style T-shirts (the Disney print will be the same but the coordinating fabric is different for each). I am SERIOUSLY considering making my husband and I outfits to go with - I have NO problem but my husband will probably be “less enthusiastic” - I’m thinking of a shirt and just adding a pocket of the Disney fabric and maybe a panel. For me I will see how much fabric I have left but I will either go down a similar route to my husband and just add a pocket detail or I will make a top.

Are we going to look like total idiots? Please share your matching Disney wear to inspire and reassure me that we won’t be the only ones
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Saw something about people dressing the same in Disney only the other day,it seems to be a trend now ,I would be ok about it but NONE of my lot would be lol ... so I'll stay untrendy!
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Here now, there are LOADS of groups with matching shirts 😊
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lljm
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I think it would be a great idea...loads of people do it...your version sounds very subtle and I m jealous of you sewing skills... hubbie might not be enthusiastic now but in the parks it will be great😊😊
lljm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Not for me, I think it is naff. But I will agree it is commonplace.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

You need to go to Tokyo Disney. The effort people put into their coordinating outfits is amazing!

We’ve all worn a Star Wars themed t.shirt (actually DH didn’t) but me and the kids did and we got chosen to march with the first order so it has its benefits. ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

I see groups in coordinating tops, assume it's a school party and head the other way. I can sort of see the point of them to keep a group together, but not for me.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

We are doing it this year. I bought all the males in the group black t shirts with a white Mickey silouette on the chest, and the females have Disney t shirts from Primark with red and white spotty shorts. We also have the caps with the Mickey ears on.
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Its a really popular thing some do it so they know exactly what their kids are wearing just in case they get lost
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Must admit, I hate with a passion all the matching t shirt ‘craze’

Growing up if my mum and dad sorted the same t short for me and sister and then showed up with them wearing it too I’d have died of embarrassment.

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List