Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SlinkyDog73
Having Dinner with Goofy

The Big Reveal..

Soooooo I have booked everything, flights,accomadation,tickets etc but have to wait 5 weeks until we can tell our daughters as our eldest does not come home until then...

It is a suprise for their 21st and 18th..

Am planning on getting a scratchcard form Etsy for the big reveal but,it is sooooooo hard keeping it a secret.

My husband and I are talking in secret but are very excited.

How did you tell your family?

SlinkyDog73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Ah this is lovely!

We’ve never done any big reveal but I love reading about others.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I made a little slide show type thing for our 2 girls (6&12) and got them to read it out together, it was a sort of little story and included quotes from films and things about disney etc. I played Harry Potter music in the back ground too - neither of them worked out what it was about until it got to the very last page and said "surprise! We are going to florida in xx days!" They both erupted into tears!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

I always loved hearing the Dibbcast read out reveals as part of the Bon Voyagees. There was always something special about it.

If anyone would like something similar we would happily do a reveal on The Great British Mickey Waffle as a Mickey Mention.
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

This is how we told our lot. We gave them the following letter on the last night of our DLP trip.

The clue is the first letter of every line

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Following!
I just love hearing about how others reveal their disney holiday, though it does make me teary! When we took dd(then 6) on her first trip in 2017 we did a 'treasure hunt' type reveal. For next year we are intending to do a video with images of previous holidays etc leading into a Disney world promotional video (if I can work out how to do it lol) ... This was inspired by reading lovely dibb reveals previously

Edited at 02:59 PM.
Th1nkT1nk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SlinkyDog73
Having Dinner with Goofy

All so so brilliant xx
SlinkyDog73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

This was for Disneyland Paris but ours went wrong. (Well kinda). The weekend before we were due to go our boys mum had an eye test. We took the kids with us as we also planned to do some shopping.

Anyway she had her test etc and was sat down in the shop with the assistant going through things. Our youngest who at the time had the loudest voice was sat next to her. When she was paying she asked how long delivery would take and the assistant gave her a rough date. Without thinking she said oh that's a shame and the assistant said why. She said oh we are off to Disneyland Paris, was hoping to get them before.

Before I could say anything the youngest piped up saying are we going to Disneyland Paris mommy in the loudest voice that not only the other two boys heard but the whole of the shop too. :-)

Still the excited look on their faces was something to remember... We had planned to secretly pack the night before and wake them early on the day with the news. :-)
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I wrapped up a box of goodies for the kids had a mix of disney stuff summer and swim stuff put a copy of the plane tickets in it my son was so excited as he read Manchester on the tickets and starting shouting excitedly that he was going on holiday to Manchester 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We tried it once when our son was younger (the first of those once in a life time trip that ends up being every year now), and it didnt go down to well. He worked out the clues and then stormed out the room saying "Disney World, do you think Im a baby".
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List