Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Sep 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Lashes advice & options

My daughter has had the lash perm done a couple of times and really likes it. But she is considering having the semi permanent eyelashes instead.
If you are going to have something done to your eyelashes on a regular basis what will do the most damage? A lash perm (chemicals forcing your lashes upwards) or lashes glued onto your original lashes?
Any beauty experts out there?
Semi permanent lashes will need infills, is that every 2-3 weeks?
Lash lift lasts 4-6 weeks
Around here there is only £5 difference in price but obviously the top ups for lashes need to be considered.
If she went with the semi permanent lashes and gets them topped up every 3 weeks is that it? You just continually have top ups not a full set?
Is there different styles? She wants them to look wow but not OTT and false looking
Are they easy to maintain? Even with exercise/sweat?

She likes the ease of a lash perm but at 16 I think she is wanting more of a wow lol

Any pro’s, con’s ?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think semi permanent lashes make more of an impact but the are higher maintenance. They do need filling every 2/3 weeks or they look awful where the gaps appear.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Which would be less harmful to her lashes?
I don’t mind her having them done but I don’t want her to ruin her own lashes
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't answer either of your questions but is she at school still? If so check their policy as lots won't allow the semi permanent lashes and then it's a waste of money.

I love the lash lift. I would love to have the semi permanent ones but the extra maintenance puts me off and I think it's really obvious if you loose a couple whereas the lift is less obvious when you are getting close to your appointment date.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Which would be less harmful to her lashes?
I don’t mind her having them done but I don’t want her to ruin her own lashes
Eyelashes themselves only last between 3-6 months so I any damage to them isn’t that important. However, think extensions do damage to the follicle if they are used for too long or applied incorrectly.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

My granddaughter had them the week before last for a cheer leader show. She went back to school on Monday and my daughter got a phone call saying she had to take them off that night as it wasn't allowed.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

She is at college so no worries about school. I think that’s why she wants them done plus the fact it would mean 10 more precious minutes in bed without the need for mascara lol
Old 27 Sep 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

I had lash extensions continuously for almost 4 years with a month break. I could easily make a full set last 5-6 weeks before infilling with good care. My friend is a beautician and did them for me (£20 for a full set and £15 for infills) and I got a fresh full set after 4-5 infills. I just did whatever she said as she was the expert and if she said I needed a break then I needed a break but I rarely did. Just DON’T pull them off because that’s how you end up with damage.

I only stopped getting them as I’ve started chemotherapy and can’t have the glue/my lashes are going to fall out soon anyway 🙁 my natural lashes are in AMAZING condition I was completely shocked thinking they would be ruined. But they are really addictive though and I had to stop myself from looking like daisy the cow (bit like people with lip fillers that don’t know when to stop!). I wouldn’t pay salon prices for them though as that can be extortionate. Maybe tell her to try them over Xmas and see how she gets on. LVL’s are a lot less maintenance though!

Edited at 09:49 PM.
Mackenzies03 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Eyelash extensions are good but addictive. As long as you look after them they’ll need maintenance every 3 weeks. I get mine done on occasion and as long as you have a good technician they won’t damage the lashes.

I wear contact lenses and after a few months I always remove them so I can give my eyes a good old rub!
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
I had lash extensions continuously for almost 4 years with a month break. I could easily make a full set last 5-6 weeks before infilling with good care. My friend is a beautician and did them for me (£20 for a full set and £15 for infills) and I got a fresh full set after 4-5 infills. I just did whatever she said as she was the expert and if she said I needed a break then I needed a break but I rarely did. Just DON’T pull them off because that’s how you end up with damage.

I only stopped getting them as I’ve started chemotherapy and can’t have the glue/my lashes are going to fall out soon anyway 🙁 my natural lashes are in AMAZING condition I was completely shocked thinking they would be ruined. But they are really addictive though and I had to stop myself from looking like daisy the cow (bit like people with lip fillers that don’t know when to stop!). I wouldn’t pay salon prices for them though as that can be extortionate. Maybe tell her to try them over Xmas and see how she gets on. LVL’s are a lot less maintenance though!
Don’t mention the lips lol they are very popular around here and it’s a standing joke in our house...
good luck with your chemo 💕
Good idea to try them over Christmas 🎄