Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jan 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ItzameUK
Looking for my Ears

Best sun cream/after sun for Florida

Hi all,

Just wondering what the best sun cream/after sun you all use? When we went to Orlando in May we used Hawaiian Tropic which was good but the children did get a bit red even though it was factor 50 and was reapplied. Normally buy it in the
UK and take it with us but happy to go to Walmart which is nearest to where we are staying if anyone can recommend a better one in the US. We are going in May again this year.

Thanks for your advice 🤗
ItzameUK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We used a banana boat sweatproof and waterproof in an orange bottle in Walmart. We had factor 50 in 98 degrees and didn’t burn but did avoid afternoon sun.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
fun2behad
Excited about Disney

fun2behad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
we use p20 factor 50 spray for waterpark days (this is the only sun block that stops us from burning on waterpark days [despite regular top-ups] and we have previously used Boots Soltan factor 50 and Ambre Solaire factor 50 [although we go in August when the sun intensity is very high]. On non waterpark days we apply p20 factor 50 before getting dressed in the morning and then top-up using a fine mist spray (again factor 50) such as Banana boat during the day. p20 is excellent at preventing sunburn but can stain your clothes and is super greasy and runny, which is why we use spray mist to top-up in the non-water parks. After sun we just use Boots Soltan
fun2behad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We always buy ours when we get there, just nip to Walmart after we land. I buy Coppertone sport for us in factor 30 which is $12 for 2 but the kids have sensitive skin so I get theirs here, and use the Ambre Solaire kids anti sand sensitive factor 50 as I know they don't react with it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We use Coppertone spray too - we buy it when we get there on our first evening shopping trip. We use factor 50. I’m very pale and have never had sunburn with it on.
We reapply during the day.

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Ultrasun Family - DH is allergic to anything with fragrance in it so this is the one for us. We are both pale but use Factor 30 as our doctor says Factor 50 can clog your skin, stopping sweating, and cause Prickly Heat (which my DH used to have before Ultrasun)
Old 5 Jan 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Ultrasun Family - DH is allergic to anything with fragrance in it so this is the one for us. We are both pale but use Factor 30 as our doctor says Factor 50 can clog your skin, stopping sweating, and cause Prickly Heat (which my DH used to have before Ultrasun)
I was once told by a dermatologist to never use anything over Factor 30 for the above reasons too. Factor 50 is thicker in consistency and more likely to clog your pores.

The ‘factor’ only refers to the time you can spend in the sun without burning; ie you can stay in the sun 30 or 50 x longer than you would be able to without cream.

We have used Factor 30 on trips to both Greece in the 35+ degree heat, and the Floridian sun. We top up regularly and have never had a problem. It’s also important to get good coverage, apply 20/30 minutes before you go into the sun, and reapply as often as the sun dictates. Any decent sun cream with a 5 star rating should do this. We avoid Nivea and Ambre Solaire for this reason, as they are not 5 star UV rated.

Edited at 10:13 PM.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Hopping on here sorry, only use la roche posay because my son has really sensitive skin, anyone found this good in the Florida heat?
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

P20 for us, we're all fair skinned and have never burnt when using it.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
We use the spray, not sun cream. Haven’t noticed any difference in consistency between the 30 and 50 sprays.

However, we did use suncream on holiday to Spain 2 years ago and I got prickly heat for the first time ever. Could have been the cause as never got it in all our trips to Florida.

Edited at 10:57 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List