Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Oct 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile How to make a buffet for 4 special

We usually have a family buffet on boxing day which we all love. We only have a tiny family so its only 14 of us but we eat, drink and chat 🥰

I am preparing for the worst and that this is not going to be allowed this year . However I still want to make it special for my lot, we are a family of 5 but cant count my little one as he barely eats!
So 4 adults... 🤔 (17 & 14 year olds eat like adults)
I don’t mind spending that bit extra to make it extra special but it also needs to be simple ish for me to do.

We have turkey sandwiches later on on Christmas day so they can’t be included. So what can I do to make this boxing day special if it turns out to be just us?

On a side note, if we are allowed the whole family, its at my sisters this year so I can just take what I have as she is not buying stuff in in case it gets cancelled (yep, she is a humbug &#129315
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Take a look at

tamingtwins/category...ites/platters/

Some visually beautiful ideas for picky buffet type food.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

What about ordering afternoon tea from Piglets Pantry? It consists of quiches, sausage rolls, scotch eggs, scones with jam and cream, cakes and teabags. Groupon has a voucher code at the moment offering £10 off. It is very good value anyway.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

With just four of you , you have so many more options , doesn’t need to be buffet food you could go all out different and have something like lobster or caviar , something you wouldn’t have for a family buffet.
I’m planning on salt beef ...
It’s going to be a “different” Christmas so you can think outside the box if you want to.

Edited at 06:35 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We always have a ham that I cook on chritmas eve, then pickles, rolls, dips, crisps, sausage rolls, samosas, spring rolls, Smoked salmon, tempura prawns, coleslaw and potato salad. We also have cold turkey, pork pie and a selection of cheeses and crackers. I usually buy the ready made bits from Sainsburys and freeze them. If there’s only us I’ll do the same but cut down a bit!
Old 26 Oct 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
With just four of you , you have so many more options , doesn’t need to be buffet food you could go all out different and have something like lobster or caviar , something you wouldn’t have for a family buffet.
I’m planning on salt beef ...
It’s going to be a “different” Christmas so you can think outside the box if you want to.
Actually I could get really fancy things that they have never had before like caviar 👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
What about ordering afternoon tea from Piglets Pantry? It consists of quiches, sausage rolls, scotch eggs, scones with jam and cream, cakes and teabags. Groupon has a voucher code at the moment offering £10 off. It is very good value anyway.
I have never heard of this before. They do a really cute one for one person so I am definitely sending one to my mum for over Christmas 🥰
Old 26 Oct 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Do a supermarket sweep of Marks and Spencer’s most expensive food items and you’ll be sorted !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Can recomend Piglet pantry, we had one in May for our anniversary, and have one on order for my parents in Wales, its their Diamond anniversary on Wednesday.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had a 'high tea' for DSs 18th in lockdown so it was 5 of us. I used a cake stand, made sandwiches (with crusts cut off as per his instructions) and put his fave nibbles out. We had tea from matching mugs - for us that's pretty posh. He absolutely loved it. Going the extra mile is all you need.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List