Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Apr 15, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Mobile Disney with a toddler & maybe pregnant

Hi all

Haven't been on here in some time and looking for some advice.

I might be crazy but im looking to take my son to Disney around march/April next year. He will be around 27/28 months (he's turning 2 in December). I'm just wondering if anyone has travelled and done Disney with a toddler? And how did they find it? Flight? The parks? How was it getting back into routine when they got home and cope with the jetlag?

If things go to plan this year I might also be pregnant while travelling but that's not certain yet.. But also looking for any advice on this

Thanks in advance 😊
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 15, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

I did Disney with a 9 month old, and I was also 4 months pregnant with a surprise baby on my last trip.
TBH, it was fine, obviously my little girl was much younger than your eldest will be, the flight going was ok, it was a bit of a pain as she didn't have a seat, but you will get one. We were passing the baby around for the duration of the flight.
Coming home was a bit better as she slept most of the way, but it made it difficult if you needed to get up as you'd need to wake her, also if there was any reason that you needed the seatbelts on you'd have to wake her.

As for being in Florida, it was fab, we took formula but run out, a problem that you won't have, but you can get everything you'd need whilst you're there. Even at 9 months old she loved seeing Mickey and Minnie. I was a bit gutted I couldn't do the rides, normally I am a roller coaster lover so obviously they were out of bounds, but it meant we had a more relaxing trip, and we'd have had to take it slower anyway with a baby with us.
Old 24 Apr 15, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We did exactly this, we took our just 3yr old to Florida last May and my wife was 26weeks pregnant. It was fine, we planned a few more days relaxing after a busy hectic day/night. However it didn't spoil anything. There were obviously rides that she couldn't go on, but we've been lucky enough that it was our sons 3rd trip at only 3yrs old and I've lost count of how many times we've been. So she knew exactly what she was missing and not disappointed. Yet, we did see many other things that we might not have before concentrated on, due to taking a different pace around the parks.

One thing I would say, is when we took our son at 18mths old - OMG I would happily take a child again at 9mth / 3yrs on long haul - but 18mths... I might think again due to how idle they get.

Enjoy it, its brings loads of new exciting views to the holiday
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 15, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

We are planing exactly the same next April/may, we did 3 weeks last year when DD was 8/9 months and had an amazing trip. This time the plan is to take things slower and stay on site so if either DW or DD need a rest the hotel is close by.

We traveled to Maurtius when she was 18-20wks pregnant last time and had no problems, my only slight worry would be the extra walking on a Florida trip taking its toll.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 15, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread