Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 15, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
buzz_leedsyear
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Help with a nice dilemma

Could I have some views on our very spoilt problem we have?
We are about to book for 2016 and we are stuck between:
21 nights at the YC
Or 21 nights at SSR with 4 at Loews Pacific (which is about 800 less)
We really do love the YC and never thought we'd take the kids back! It's does seem very spoilt but we are stuck!
Any thoughts would help ☺️
buzz_leedsyear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

YC... Ive decided to have a break from SSR, though if you want the DTD benefit then go for it. WE want a change of scenery with walking to the parks and some new restaurants on our doorstep. Whole new approach to the holiday. DTD was getting very busy with outsiders and they need to do something abt people parking at DTD and using the buses at SSR to save on parking.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
YC for me no question. We did 18 nights there last summer with ds (6). The location is truly amazing. I'd go back in a heartbeat but we want to do 11 nights offsite first next time and YC stretches the budget too far.

If you are going to have ddp being able to walk to epcot for dinner gives you so much choice.
Old 30 Apr 15, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Id would go for the extra long holiday and SSR.

As amazing as YC (and BC) are you are paying for the area, we loved walking to Epcot and getting the boat to DHS, but after the 16 days we were at BC last time that had kinda worn off.

We are doing 4 nights at RPR and 12 nights at SSR next year as we love Universal (nearly as much as WDW) so want to get the benefits of being a guest and to really be able to enjoy Citywalk and the night time stuff there, I for one cant want to have a few drinks at Moe's tavern then have a slow wander back to the hotel

I have to say though, you cant beat a pool day at YC/BC .. not only is it the best hotel pool ever ever, being able to go to Beaches and Cream for lunch is the cherry on the No Way Jose sundae
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Ballerina
Very Serious Dibber

Ballerina's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would love to stay at YC, but not if I couldn't stay part of my holiday at a Universal hotel.
Our children are grown now and this year we will be enjoying a more relaxed holiday just the two of us, we are looking to go back in 2017 with our boys and their family's.
This year we are booked to stay 6 nights by Seaworld, 7 nights at RPR and 10 nights SSR.
This will be our first time staying onsite, apart from 1 night at HRH last year, and we really enjoyed being on site at Universal, so my choice would be SSR and Loews Royal Pacific.
Ballerina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
buzz_leedsyear
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're going for the longer holiday! It's coming in over a £1000 cheaper and I just can't justify it! I'd better get saving!
buzz_leedsyear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread