Notices

Old 16 Jul 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

OMG - Look at the size of that, Gluten Free Delights - Pre Trip Report

Okay so this is my first ever trip report, and to be fair, it will feature rather heavily on the food rather than anything else, but I decided that I did want to do tasters of the rest of our holiday as well as the food report!

So there's me Fiona, on the left of the photo, Disney Lover, and a coeliac hence the need for gluten free, and my best friend Debs on the right, also a Disney Lover, who does not need gluten free but is happy to share gluten free on occasion. As you can tell we both love Disney but this is our first ever trip to Florida

This trip nearly did not happen, due to a mess up with the TA and flights to start with, then the mess with CSR and we didn't want to stay on a construction site, so both of our diets went out of the window as the first 4 months of this year were nothing but stressful.
Its all now sorted, and we are now looking forward to our dream holiday

We've been looking at other trip reports, food reports and quite often my friend would say OMG, look at the size of that - and as I am really excited about all the Gluten Free food offerings, this is how we came up with the title for our trip report.

When
We fly out on 3rd August from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin in Upper so really looking forward to that and our first visit to the Clubhouse.

Where
We've got 3 nights at the Cabana Bay Universal, before transferring to POFQ for 12 night.

We've worked out 2 days at Universal, 1 day Discovery Cove, 1 day Kennedy Space Centre, and the rest is at Disney Parks & Water Parks.

We won't have a car so have booked transportation from the Airport to the Cabana Bay, and from the Cabana Bay to POFQ, and will use Uber for any other trips needed.

We fly home on 18th August via Atlanta and arrive into Heathrow also with Virgin flying in Upper.

We've got ADR's booked for the following Disney Restaurants but we all know that they can change. There are no dining plans for Universal as we have no dining plan so it will be what we fancy on the day and if they can cater for Gluten Free as well!

Be our Guest Breakfast
Ohanas Dinner
Teppan Edo Dinner
Beaches & Cream
Be our Guest Dinner - I really wanted to meet Beast!
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Tusker House Dinner - Rivers of light package
Afternoon Tea Grand Floridan
Hollywood & Vin Fantasmic Package
Tusker House Breakfast
Plaza Gardens Firework Dessert Party
Narcosee Dinner
Tonys Town Square Lunch - Parade Package
Hoop De Doo
California Grill Dinner
Kona Café Breakfast

Think that's it for now, not long till we go now, so I guess the next update will be our pre travel day.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Not long to go now! You must be getting really excited.
Sounds like fab plans - we've most of those restaurants on your list too or we've done them before. I loved meeting the Beast on our last trip - he's ace!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CU2016
Getting Excited

Looking forward to this report. I'm gluten intolerant and going on our first trip in Oct so love finding any reports on gluten free things
CU2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW Explorers
a Friend of the DIBB

Looking forward to this, I am a coeliac too and heading out to Florida in October (for the first time as a coeliac) so will be interested to see all of your gf delights.
WDW Explorers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks😀

I can't wait to go now and have been just drooling over the gluten free options.

I can't wait to have a waffle, pancakes and to try beignets😋
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsIceCreamVan
I have Ears

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures
MrsIceCreamVan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Looking forward to this as will be there in December , first time since being diagnosed Coleiac

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List