Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 30 Sep 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
It’s only on Netflix
Ahh that will be why it's passed my by 😀 Thanks

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Always been a big ST fan over the years. Have watched first two but a bit underwhelmed so far. The whole "new" angle on the Klingons isn't fitting well so far with the established TREK timeline. I was struggling to hear what the cast were saying. The ship equally was strange given it appeared far more technically inhanced compared to the original Enterprise which is odd given this is meant to be 20 years previous to then. Will keep on and see what adding Jason Issacs will do.

Edited at 04:16 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

finally watched the latest movie last night. Not as good as first 2 but Lin not best director in my opinion. Hoping to give the new Discovery a whirl when i get to it.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Well I am enjoying this series so far. Haven't watched the latest episode yet but will do. The only thing I don't like is the Klingons. They look like they are covered in icing sugar! Why not just come up with a new race rather than re-using the Kingons who have an already established history?
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
If you want to try something better with a sense of humour try out the Orville.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Huge fan of the franchise (particularly DS9) but I just couldn't get into Enterprise, so I hope it's better than that ...
Are you me?

I could have written that.

DS9 was immense. Just could get into Enterprise, although planning to give it a go again

New one is good, different but good. Writer from Walking Dead is on this so its deeper than the usual polystyrene rocks and crewman smith. But there's that too.

Orville is great - comedy is relative so if you like trek you'll like orville. Its actually getting a bit serious now!

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Love Discovery. At long last a gay couple. And Saru is such a wonderful character.
Agree about the Klingons - they have evolved to the point where they don't look like Klingons.

Edited at 08:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Are you me?

I could have written that.

DS9 was immense. Just could get into Enterprise, although planning to give it a go again

New one is good, different but good. Writer from Walking Dead is on this so its deeper than the usual polystyrene rocks and crewman smith. But there's that too.

Orville is great - comedy is relative so if you like trek you'll like orville. Its actually getting a bit serious now!
I've watched one episode of The Orville and liked it but wasn't desperate to watch another. I might see if I can download that and maybe a couple of episodes of Enterprise on my iPad for the flight we've got in a few weeks to Orlando.

Deep Space 9 for me was just brilliant. I still remember that episode where we found out Bashir had been replaced by a changeling - not just for an episode but for who knows how long!

Another epic part was the six story arc when they were thrown off of DS9. I also think a lot of the supporting/returning characters were fantastic - Kai Winn, Gul Dukat, Garak, Rom, Wayoun.

Anyway, I'll get of my DS9 soapbox now

Is anyone playing Star Trek: Timelines by the way? It's taken me a while to get into but I'm really enjoying it now. I've logged on to play every day since September 1st
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
I've watched one episode of The Orville and liked it but wasn't desperate to watch another. I might see if I can download that and maybe a couple of episodes of Enterprise on my iPad for the flight we've got in a few weeks to Orlando.

Deep Space 9 for me was just brilliant. I still remember that episode where we found out Bashir had been replaced by a changeling - not just for an episode but for who knows how long!

Another epic part was the six story arc when they were thrown off of DS9. I also think a lot of the supporting/returning characters were fantastic - Kai Winn, Gul Dukat, Garak, Rom, Wayoun.

Anyway, I'll get of my DS9 soapbox now

Is anyone playing Star Trek: Timelines by the way? It's taken me a while to get into but I'm really enjoying it now. I've logged on to play every day since September 1st
I love the whole ds9 universe, Gm'hdar, Kardashians (lol), even all the religious nonsense with the Wraiths and Pa'Wraiths

the episode I remember was the Odo people were coming in force and they had to flee, but Cisco leaves his baseball...

at the end the all jumped on the Defiant and dashed off into space - then the whole Fed Fleet arrived...

Also the episode when Qu'ark when to Earth (Area 51) and back in time - brilliant.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I also agree about the Klingons. I liked the Klingons in TNG and DS9 but these ones are annoying and the first episode with all the subtitles was really boring and when they are speaking English it’s hard to understand them. I don’t get why they have had to change them. I know it’s something to do the the virus when they were trying to modify them in Enterprise but it’s still annoying. I do like Discovery though not sure I have a fave character yet.
I did like enterprise but it wasn’t as good as others unfortunately I felt it got really good in the last season before it was cancelled.