Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 Aug 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I would definitely drop one of the Epcot days for AK or even another MK day if you use the spare day for AK. Very much a personal thing though, I know a lot of people think it is a two day park, but we find one day or two visits for a few hours each is plenty.
Thanks. I'm definitely more drawn towards another day at AK, and wonder whether or not we'll need a second full at day EP. My original plan was to start and finish our trip at MK, so we may well end up with a third day at MK, and just one a half at EP, with 2 and a half at AK. My plan is still work in progress and obviously will be subject to change when I come to book our FP next year.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Don't make a decision about the last day until you have experienced which parks you like and would like to revisit.
Quite right, but I want to book FP for every day of the visit, so I need to designate a park per day even if we end up amending FP later on and going elsewhere. I can honestly say I have never planned a holiday so long in advance, and to such great detail
It is strangely enjoyable but very odd at the same time
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

Lily8 I would maybe plan Epcot and get it done in a day and add an extra day for either AK or HS as those imo are better suited for a 9yr old. Plus AK is now great with the addition of Pandora.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by i_am_armo View Post
Lily8 I would maybe plan Epcot and get it done in a day and add an extra day for either AK or HS as those imo are better suited for a 9yr old. Plus AK is now great with the addition of Pandora.
Thanks. I'll perhaps have 1 day plus an extra evening for Epcot, after TL, so that may well prove enough for my 9 year old. That said, she is not a star wars fan, so HS was really the one park where I was sure we wouldn't spend more than a day, even with the toy story addition - but perhaps I'm wrong? AK does look amazing, and I think we could have easily had more than a day even without pandora, so would certainly like more than a day with it!
As my plan stands now, my last day could well end up a split between MK and Epcot.
Old 6 Aug 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Great plan but don't forget to plan fast passes for those water-park days just in case it rains or you decide they aren't actually that good!
Old 7 Aug 18, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
Great plan but don't forget to plan fast passes for those water-park days just in case it rains or you decide they aren't actually that good!
Thank you, I intend to do just that - perhaps a late afternoon reservation, giving ourselves the option to do both!
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

I tend to feel that Epcot doesn't have masses to fast pass (we tend to fast pass soaring and try and ride test track during emh) not bothered about frozen but found the queue OK during EMH anyway so headed there after test track. This means I only need to plan one epcot morning and we book meals there on evening when we have been at other parks so we can enjoy world showcase. You can often get a sneaky 4th or 5th fast pass for things like spaceship earth to go with the dining and mooching around the showcase. Hollywood studios is another where you can often get decent 4th or 5th fast passes for an evening visit, I've been known to get RnR and Toy Story for 4th fast passes to use on a evening visit. I've never seen any high tarrif fast passes available for AK or MK available for 4th fast passes so I tend to make sure I book fast passes for more days at each of those.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

I would look to use the spare day at AK or take one of the EP days and use it at AK, but that's just me as I have a big love for AK, but an 'average love' for EP.

Looks a nice plan regardless.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
I tend to feel that Epcot doesn't have masses to fast pass (we tend to fast pass soaring and try and ride test track during emh) not bothered about frozen but found the queue OK during EMH anyway so headed there after test track. This means I only need to plan one epcot morning and we book meals there on evening when we have been at other parks so we can enjoy world showcase. You can often get a sneaky 4th or 5th fast pass for things like spaceship earth to go with the dining and mooching around the showcase. Hollywood studios is another where you can often get decent 4th or 5th fast passes for an evening visit, I've been known to get RnR and Toy Story for 4th fast passes to use on a evening visit. I've never seen any high tarrif fast passes available for AK or MK available for 4th fast passes so I tend to make sure I book fast passes for more days at each of those.
Thank you mummyroo, some really helpful comments. Your insight regarding potential additional FP at AK and MK in particular is something to bear in mind - so I think I will book FP for 3 x MK and 2 x AK (plus an additional evening at AK with FP).
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by VS075 View Post
I would look to use the spare day at AK or take one of the EP days and use it at AK, but that's just me as I have a big love for AK, but an 'average love' for EP.

Looks a nice plan regardless.
Thanks, I think it's certainly shaping up that way - with 2 and a half days at AK, one and a half days at Epcot and 3 days at MK. Can't wait!