Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
But would you really pick that one trip over the other 3 as the only one you would do if you could only do one? Where they remember nothing? As I say no one thinks it would be crap, it’s Disney World! But for families who can only go once for the foreseeable it’s important to reflect carefully, and for me I would like them to remember it if even only bits and be able to go on more rides.
My oldest is 4 and has been twice already... she most definitely remembers! In fact today she told me she is making a list of her favourite rides ready for next year...

My other daughter will be two in two weeks time and has been just once... she enjoys looking at the photos of her trip and certainly remembers “mouse” and “castle”
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
But would you really pick that one trip over the other 3 as the only one you would do if you could only do one? Where they remember nothing? As I say no one thinks it would be crap, it’s Disney World! But for families who can only go once for the foreseeable it’s important to reflect carefully, and for me I would like them to remember it if even only bits and be able to go on more rides.
what I mean is there are things they wont experience if you wait til they are older.
it is personal choice at the end of the day what decision is made but I do not agree that it is not worth bringing small kids as there are always magical moments and memories to be made
Old 15 Apr 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
what I mean is there are things they wont experience if you wait til they are older.
it is personal choice at the end of the day what decision is made but I do not agree that it is not worth bringing small kids as there are always magical moments and memories to be made
I didn't say that, it's just the memories will be for the adults, not for the children, no problem with that of course but for families going once I imagine you're thinking about the children's memories too.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyHaunt13 View Post
My oldest is 4 and has been twice already... she most definitely remembers! In fact today she told me she is making a list of her favourite rides ready for next year...

My other daughter will be two in two weeks time and has been just once... she enjoys looking at the photos of her trip and certainly remembers “mouse” and “castle”
Yes she's still very young, ask her in 3 years and I can guarantee she won't!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

2022 is a big year for all of us as a family. We were going to have a special trip but after this years complete washout we’ll either have a blowout or not go at all. It depends on the next year and how it all unfolds.

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney is always busy and always awesome. October is a brilliant time to go. Its still our favourite time.
Make sure you do the MNSSHP.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Yeah but the big difference your oldest as already been twice and your youngest been once the post was about only going once and I know a few people at work ask me about Disney and Universal and they plan on only going once cause of the costs and I said to them at least 1m tall to enjoy most the rides at Disney or 1.3m to enjoy most the rides at both resorts.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
Yeah but the big difference your oldest as already been twice and your youngest been once the post was about only going once and I know a few people at work ask me about Disney and Universal and they plan on only going once cause of the costs and I said to them at least 1m tall to enjoy most the rides at Disney or 1.3m to enjoy most the rides at both resorts.
I still disagree, even if they don’t remember you will and those memories are so so special.

Disney is about more than rides in a theme park after all we have theme parks closer to home.

Disney is pure magic, for me it’s a feeling that you just can’t get anywhere else and to share that with a little one while they still believe it’s all real is worth so much more than getting on more rides imho.
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I still disagree, even if they don’t remember you will and those memories are so so special.

Disney is about more than rides in a theme park after all we have theme parks closer to home.

Disney is pure magic, for me it’s a feeling that you just can’t get anywhere else and to share that with a little one while they still believe it’s all real is worth so much more than getting on more rides imho.
But if you're going there for a child isn't it important for them to have actual memories of it too rather than them just looking at photos with no actual memories of it? If not then you're really only going for yourself, not the child.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
But if you're going there for a child isn't it important for them to have actual memories of it too rather than them just looking at photos with no actual memories of it? If not then you're really only going for yourself, not the child.

No... everyone is missing the point entirely.

Why does it matter if they remember it or not? What is important is that they go and that it makes them happy and special in that moment.

Making them wait so you “get your moneys worth” is more selfish and more for the parents than the children