Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 9 Feb 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Question Mid August 2020 itinerary - feedback please :)

We have a 14 day trip booked Aug 2020. 12 nights in villa, 2 nights in Universal Hard Rock Hotel. Me, Hubby, 2 kids (aged 12 and 15) and my parents <3 FYI I have checked Busy Day Guide, and avoided Extra Disney hours for the mornings/evenings I've scheduled parks.

Day 1 - Thursday 13/8 - MK rope drop until 2/3ish. Villa rest of day.

Day 2 - Friday 14/8 - Lazy morning. Hollywood Studios 1ish, with 4pm ADR at Sci Fi, and then to watch Fantasmic at 7pm.

Day 3 - Saturday 15/8 - no plans as yet (suggestions bearing in mind it's a weekend?) Late afternoon/early evening to Old Town Orlando Classic Car show.

Day 4 - Sunday 16/8 - Animal Kingdom rope drop. Stay til we drop. (Busy day guide says AK is ok this Sunday)

Day 5 - Monday 17/8 - Typhoon Lagoon. Out for dinner.

Day 6 - Tuesday 18/8 - Drive to beach for the day (ie Daytona) Any suggestions for best East Coast beach within 1.5 hours of Orlando for a day visit? Must have restaurants etc... and ideally plenty of parking (which we struggled with at Clearwater last time)

Day 7 - Wednesday 19/8 - no plans as yet. Afternoon/early evening to Disney Springs, ADR at Boathouse for dinner.

Day 8 - Thursday 20/8 - no plans as yet. To MK in afternoon, possibly eat at Liberty Tree Tavern which we loved before) then stay for Fireworks at 9pm.

Day 9 - Friday 21/8 - Volcano Bay. Out to dinner.

Day 10 - Saturday 22/8 - Epcot for rope drop. ADR at Garden Grill for character breakfast. Stay til we drop.

Day 11 - Sunday 23/8 - no plans yet. Any ideas?

Day 12 - Monday 24/8 - early check in to Hard Rock Hotel, and into Universal/IOA. Dinner at Hard Rock Cafe at night.

Day 13 - Tuesday 25/8 - Universal/IOA all day. Dinner on Citywalk (recommendations?)

Day 14/ - Wednesday 26/8 - Couple of hours in Universal/IOA, or around HRH pool, before leaving for airport around 2pm.

I appreciate any feedback. Ideas of what to do in the 'gaps'. Or what I should maybe move to other days. I have to start booking ADRs in a few days, so keen to get this sorted for then

Thank you wise people

Edited at 02:23 PM.
Always_dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

Looks good (if not tiring!). Couple of thoughts...

Day 1 (13th) looking like it might be the first MNSSHP of the year, park hours show it closing at 6pm. If it's your first day and you are leaving early, this could work out well.

If the kids love theme parks, you could try either of the Fun Spot parks (avoid weekends). The US kids will be back at school, so if you go first thing, they will pretty much have the theme park to themselves.

On the 15th, if you want some Americana, the Tampa Bay Rays host the Baltimore Orioles. Its a afternoon game, so you could be back in Orlando for 6pm for Old Town.

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ghints View Post
Looks good (if not tiring!). Couple of thoughts...

Day 1 (13th) looking like it might be the first MNSSHP of the year, park hours show it closing at 6pm. If it's your first day and you are leaving early, this could work out well.

If the kids love theme parks, you could try either of the Fun Spot parks (avoid weekends). The US kids will be back at school, so if you go first thing, they will pretty much have the theme park to themselves.

On the 15th, if you want some Americana, the Tampa Bay Rays host the Baltimore Orioles. Its a afternoon game, so you could be back in Orlando for 6pm for Old Town.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and reply 😊 That’s a good idea re the 15th, I’ll definitely look more into that!
Always_dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Is there any other offers to read my schedule for me please ? Thanks so much
Old 11 Feb 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Hi, I don't think you have planned too much... I would probably consider doing a park on Day 7 and then going to DS afterwards.

I would book FP for every day you aren't at universal. You can always cancel them or amend them but it is much harder to get the headliners within the same week or day. Even at 30 days out you have a much better choice. x
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Looks great - I've not done a villa before, it sounds like you have a good variety of things going on! The only thing I noticed was that your HS day doesn't start until later. Not sure if you have Star Wars fans in the group, but if you want to ride RotR you may need to include an early start to get a boarding pass (if they are still operating them).
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Looks great - I've not done a villa before, it sounds like you have a good variety of things going on! The only thing I noticed was that your HS day doesn't start until later. Not sure if you have Star Wars fans in the group, but if you want to ride RotR you may need to include an early start to get a boarding pass (if they are still operating them).
Hmm Yes thanks, I read this somewhere else too. Luckily we don't have Star Wars fans in our party so I think we may skip that ride (much to the disgust of some people reading this I guess haha)
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Hi, I don't think you have planned too much... I would probably consider doing a park on Day 7 and then going to DS afterwards.

I would book FP for every day you aren't at universal. You can always cancel them or amend them but it is much harder to get the headliners within the same week or day. Even at 30 days out you have a much better choice. x
Good idea actually, thank you!
Old 11 Feb 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

On day 2, you said Fantasmic at 7 but I think it will be 9 in August. It might be a bit late for the earlier part of the holiday?

Also if you can get a pre park opening Garden Grill ADR you could get on Soarin.

I agree with booking FPs every day to give you options
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
On day 2, you said Fantasmic at 7 but I think it will be 9 in August. It might be a bit late for the earlier part of the holiday?

Also if you can get a pre park opening Garden Grill ADR you could get on Soarin.

I agree with booking FPs every day to give you options
Thank you for replying.

Oh I didn't realise Fantasmic maybe later in the Summer, I'll have to check that won't I, as yes you're right, that will be a little late for our 2nd day zzz zzz

Re Garden Grill, I was going to go for rope drop to ride Soarin, then have breakfast. So that saves wasting one FP on Soarin, I can book Test Track for later in the day instead