Notices

Old 9 Sep 17, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

So glad you are sorted that must have been quite frightening.
We were due to go on a cruise today but obviously it was cancelled. Disney personnel at Animal Kingdom Lodge could not have been more helpful. They found us a studio for the three days but because we were due to move to a tree house on Monday they have now moved us to a 2 bed Savannah view apartment as the tree houses are evacuated. Disney have not charged us for the upgrade from the studio to the 2 bed and have been brilliant.
We have seen several people with their dogs booking in so I really can't fault them.
The restaurant-and snack bar is staying open and they are laying on extra activities for the guests. Staying safe is the most important thing and hopefully it won't be too long before everything gets back to normal.
Good luck to everyone else staying in Florida over the coming days.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BigKidUK
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone We are so upset and disappointed with our treatment at RPR, such a shame. Stay safe everyone x
Old 9 Sep 17, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Glad you got things sorted...
However, looking at all the threads on how Disney appear to be accommodating guests in similar situations, Universal need to be ashamed of themselves.
Stay safe...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank god. I'm so relieved you have a room. X
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I don't think they'd have turfed you out tbh - probably trying to rearrange so many rooms is hard work for them. Perhaps talk to them again as it would be better to stay put than move?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
I don't think they'd have turfed you out tbh - probably trying to rearrange so many rooms is hard work for them. Perhaps talk to them again as it would be better to stay put than move?
I was thinking that - surely people who had booked to arrive over the weekend now won't be coming?

The waiting list thing sounds "annoying" though - I wonder if that list was for current guests or if it was open to anyone. Other people could be heading for RPR as a place of safety.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
We check out of Disney on Tuesday and into RPR - have the confirmation emails etc - what would happen if we turned up and they had no rooms for us

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

If fairness to Lowes - who run the hotels, not universal, they have a lot fewer rooms to play with than Disney - Disney has many 1000's more rooms so can be more flexible.

Am sure Lowes could have done things differently but there will always be issues in times like this.

I'm glad the OP managed to get somewhere
Old 9 Sep 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MEZZA View Post
We check out of Disney on Tuesday and into RPR - have the confirmation emails etc - what would happen if we turned up and they had no rooms for us
why would they have no rooms for you when you've already got a confirmed booking?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile

We are currently sat at the gate at MCO awaiting departure after spending the last week at club level RPR too. I have to agree with OP that the main reception staff have been less than helpful. I fully understand that this situation is not usual but when we enquired days ago about extending our stay , RPR had no availability and they offered us no assistance. We had to ask about availability at the other on site hotels. They refused to check themselves and we were just given a phone number to ring them ourselves. When we were unsuccessful we returned to reception to enquire what would happen if we were unsuccessful in finding alternative accommodation. We were told to try third party providers bear in mind that we had no transport to get anywhere and taxi services are suspended from Saturday afternoon.
We eventually managed to find one extra night for Saturday night only through booking.com at Sapphire falls but eventually cancelled after TC brought our flight forward.
To add insult to injury we have been charged a few dollars for each of the telephone calls made to Loewes reservation team.
We have spent five seperate holidays on site at Universal and this time we were very disappointed with the service given. There was no coordination in fact we heard nothing directly from the hotel we had to enquire ourselves. As a family we have decided to give them a miss next time.
On a positive note this hasn't ruined our 3 week holiday. We have had an amazing time. We have laughed loads, ate loads, walked loads , drank loads, sweated loads and I sat down loads! !
Cheers DH and 2 x DDs for a really memorable time. So glad I was able to go and that I didn't ruin your holiday.
Hope everyone remaining in Florida, you , your family and friends remain safe . X

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List