Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Hi Everyone (sorry for such a long post but I really need some advice!)

I booked 2 rooms (separate bookings) way back in May 2017 for a stay at CBR this July/August. I was aware of the construction when booking and originally wanted to book to stay at Coronado Springs Resort (I know they have some construction and room reforms ongoing, we stayed there in July 2017 and this wasn't a problem at all, in fact it was one of our best stays in Disney), however we were unable to book this as no availability for UK bookings for our dates (tried many times to change resorts but USA site only has availability and UK cannot have any of these rooms apparently according to Disney UK). So reluctantly we booked for CBR and as said we were aware of ongoing refurb/construction, however we were not aware of the Skyliner or the Riviera plans (booked direct with Disney and still have not been informed of these extra plans) and I now feel this is too much, this is my sisters first and probably only stay onsite. Since booking we have added more guests to the rooms and now need rooms which would sleep 5, we have stayed in POR with 5 in a room before but we did not particularly like staying in Aligator Bayou area so not really keen for this, but looking at availability this would not be an option anyway, I am also aware the cabins at FWL would accommodate us but really do not like the look/feel of this resort. Therefore we are kind of stuck with our options and I have no idea whether to try to contact disney re moving resorts, but I do feel guests should be offered a goodwill gesture gift card for extra inconvenience if choosing to stay put with CBR, does anyone have any suggestions as to what we should do and would anyone also be willing to PM me a copy of their emails they have sent to disney stating their complaints/concerns, any advice/help would be much appreciated.
Southern Dunes Villas 2001, Disney All Star Music 2008, 2010, 2012, Disney POR & Bahamas Disney Dream Cruise 2014, NYC & Disney POR 2015, Disney POR 2016, Cape Coral, Keys & Disney CSR 2017, NYC & Disney POR 2018, Sol Terra Resort Villa, Pardise Cove Wedding & Disney CSR Honeymoon 2019
jacimac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
RJGrice1983
Getting Excited

Cbr

Hi all,

I have booked CBR for 29th May 2018 back in July 2017 and im having similar problems with TUI.

I can see that people have screenshots with original completion dates.

Would anyone be so kind as to send them to me.

Many Thanks
RJGrice1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Showing my support to you guys on twitter.. Re-tweeting where I can see the #nopixiedust hashtag.
I honestly still can’t believe that this is still bubbling on a year later

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
OA are a TA so would be Kathy I recon - Not Dale. If they had an issue, they would go through wholesale (not retail which WDTCUK/Dale is)
Thanks, I might give Kathy a whirl see if I can get a downgrade (with an upgrade to qsdp).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RJGrice1983 View Post
Hi all,

I have booked CBR for 29th May 2018 back in July 2017 and im having similar problems with TUI.

I can see that people have screenshots with original completion dates.

Would anyone be so kind as to send them to me.

Many Thanks
Original completion date was 1/7/18 so if you are going in may you wont be covered - unless you just simply weren't told about the work and therefore were missold the holiday.

If you knew about the work, I don't think you have any recourse, if you weren't told about any work - initially contact TUI - after they ignore you, email St Kathy at Disney.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RJGrice1983
Getting Excited

Mobile Cbr

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Original completion date was 1/7/18 so if you are going in may you wont be covered - unless you just simply weren't told about the work and therefore were missold the holiday.

If you knew about the work, I don't think you have any recourse, if you weren't told about any work - initially contact TUI - after they ignore you, email St Kathy at Disney.
Can you please confirm where you have got that date from? I was told at booking 1st june 2018 as a completion date.

I have spoke to disney and they have told me no completion date was over advertised by them.

Many thanks
RJGrice1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Can you please confirm where you have got that date from? I was told at booking 1st june 2018 as a completion date.

I have spoke to disney and they have told me no completion date was over advertised by them.

Many thanks
2018 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
RJGrice1983
Getting Excited

Mobile Cbr

Thanks.

Who are Disney Destinations? That doesnt look to be an official Disney world document.

Its also different to the information i was given when booking.

Just for others, i am awaiting a reply from TUI. They have escalated my complaint to senior management and are also in contact with Disney so i will update when i get an outcome.

Many thanks for your help
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks.

Who are Disney Destinations? That doesnt look to be an official Disney world document.

Its also different to the information i was given when booking.

Just for others, i am awaiting a reply from TUI. They have escalated my complaint to senior management and are also in contact with Disney so i will update when i get an outcome.

Many thanks for your help
Disney destinations is Disney so as official as it comes really.

From Bloomberg, Disney Destinations, LLC conceives, builds, and manages theme parks and vacation resorts, and various other family-oriented leisure enterprises. The company’s resorts offer hotel facilities, water parks, golf courses, and a cruise line. It owns resorts and parks in Orlando, Florida; Anaheim, California; Hawaii; Paris, France; and Hong Kong. The company also earns royalties on Disneyland in Tokyo, Japan. The company was formerly known as Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, LLC and changed its name to Disney Destinations, LLC in April 2006. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Lake Buena Vista, California. Disney Destinations, LLC operates as a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company
2018 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RJGrice1983
Getting Excited

Mobile Cbr

Originally Posted by missybpink View Post
Disney destinations is Disney so as official as it comes really.

From Bloomberg, Disney Destinations, LLC conceives, builds, and manages theme parks and vacation resorts, and various other family-oriented leisure enterprises. The company’s resorts offer hotel facilities, water parks, golf courses, and a cruise line. It owns resorts and parks in Orlando, Florida; Anaheim, California; Hawaii; Paris, France; and Hong Kong. The company also earns royalties on Disneyland in Tokyo, Japan. The company was formerly known as Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, LLC and changed its name to Disney Destinations, LLC in April 2006. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Lake Buena Vista, California. Disney Destinations, LLC operates as a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company
Disney destinations is a travel agent. Its not directly connected to Disney and thats from them.
Closed Thread