Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 May 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fast passes at Disney - info needed

We are going back to Disney for just 1 day and we haven't been in years so I need a bit of help.

We have booked the ticket and reserved our space in the park but we are getting a bit worried about getting on rides.

I know that fast passes are not happening at the moment but I have read that they will be back soon (maybe).

I am thinking that we may need to book a hotel for 1 night to make sure we get the 60 day fast pass booking?

If we don't go with the hotel and book at 30 days, what are the chances of there being any fast passes left?

We are going for the Star Wars things mainly but would do the other stuff too.

Thanks

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry I'm no help to your post but where have you read about fast passes coming back? It's one of the main things stopping us booking at the min.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post
Sorry I'm no help to your post but where have you read about fast passes coming back? It's one of the main things stopping us booking at the min.
There is another thread running on here that says 'it looks like' they are returning, apparently guests have been asked over the last couple of days to test the system which usually means they will return. I don't think its set in stone, just looking like they will return apparently.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not sure how the fastpass will go if and when it starts up again, but the only rides you probably won't get at 30 days are the big new ones. There were always plenty of others available.

For example a few years a go we could not get Toy Story Mania for love nor money at 30 days but now there is Slinky Dog its easy. I had it booked for Easter 2020

I think Rise of the Resistance is a book on the day still.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Really difficult to answer as our experiences are now 18 months out of date. And pre galaxies edge. As FloridaSarah states Rise of the Resistance is a book on the morning ride no FP available. Historically HS had tier 1 and tier 2, meaning only 1 tier 1 FP could be booked and of course all the best rides were tier 1. However, we often got lucky on the day booking 4th, 5th or 6th FP so I recommend you book your 3 FP from park opening and then by noon you should be able to start snagging bonus FP. But who knows if any of this will be relevant, if/When FP return will there be tiers? Hard to say at the moment I'm afraid.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sophie the answer doesn't change just because you change the wording on the question There have been no Fastpasses since the first lockdown so unless someone has a crystal ball (& if so can I have those Euromillion numbers) then no-one knows. For instance if like before you could book 14 days worth on your 60 day then 1 night will not make any difference as everyone before you will book them up. I would be more concerned about the return of the shows, as these pull crowds but I've watched a few Vlogs & people are still managing to do everything albeit at some point you will have a longer wait. Then of course if they have the same Tier restrictions then you are booking 1 night onsite to get Smugglers Run (& as much of a SW fan as I am, I wouldn't rush back to do it or waste a T1 on it! Star Tours with buttons!).

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
We are going back to Disney for just 1 day and we haven't been in years so I need a bit of help.

We have booked the ticket and reserved our space in the park but we are getting a bit worried about getting on rides.

I know that fast passes are not happening at the moment but I have read that they will be back soon (maybe).

I am thinking that we may need to book a hotel for 1 night to make sure we get the 60 day fast pass booking?

If we don't go with the hotel and book at 30 days, what are the chances of there being any fast passes left?

Thanks
Assuming we revert to how things were before Covid, booking one night in a hotel for 60 day fast passes was pretty pointless. There is very little difference between what is available at 60 days and what is available at 30 days.

The advantage of on-site 60 day fast passes was really about booking at 63+ days out, not at 60 days. The hard to get fast passes were rarely available at 60.

Of course no idea if this is how it will be in the future and I have not yet read anything about fast passes returning.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Sophie the answer doesn't change just because you change the wording on the question There have been no Fastpasses since the first lockdown so unless someone has a crystal ball (& if so can I have those Euromillion numbers) then no-one knows. For instance if like before you could book 14 days worth on your 60 day then 1 night will not make any difference as everyone before you will book them up. I would be more concerned about the return of the shows, as these pull crowds but I've watched a few Vlogs & people are still managing to do everything albeit at some point you will have a longer wait. Then of course if they have the same Tier restrictions then you are booking 1 night onsite to get Smugglers Run (& as much of a SW fan as I am, I wouldn't rush back to do it or waste a T1 on it! Star Tours with buttons!).

SD
You got me

Sometimes I forget what I've asked already or I think I've got a new question but its almost the same as the last one!

I think I'm in panic mode a bit. God help me when the light turns green

Old 27 May 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Just to let you know, if you only book 1 night onsite, then you will only get 60 day fastpass booking for your check-in and check-out days. So only 2 days. The 60 day fastpass window only applies whilst you are actually onsite. For all your other days it'll be the usual 30 day fastpass window.

It used to be the case that booking one night onsite allowed you to book all your days at 60 days beforehand but Disney closed that "loophole".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Oh, and to answer this question...

Lots of chance. In fact, I would say it's almost certain there would be some fastpasses left. However, perhaps not for the rides you want.

Around 90% of the rides were always still available to fastpass at 30 days. In fact, you could even select plenty of fastpasses just a day or two beforehand. It was only 4 or 5 of the most popular rides that were difficult to get at 30 days. The Avater Flight of Passage ride was very difficult for offsite guests to fastpass, for example.

Of the two new Star Wars rides, you can only fastpass one and that's Smugglers Run.

For Rise of the Resistance, you have to try and get a boarding pass on the day using the Disney app. You couldn't fastpass this.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List