Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jul 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
We’re currently half way through a 15 night stay in Barbados after which my wife will be travelling onto our place in Kissimmee flying from Barbados-Charlotte-Orlando. We had to have negative COVID tests within 3 days of departing for Barbados and on arrival we were tested immediately at the hotel and as we’re double vaccinated were allowed to leave the hotel when the test results came through around 12 hours later. The hotel will also test us two days prior to departure, again at their expense.

Our annual travel insurance policy will cover us for any issues except holiday disruption, e.g. flight delays caused by anything to do with coronavirus, but will cover us for medical expenses.
Can I ask who you’re flying out of Barbados with? We are looking at Barbados for our 15 night stay at the end of July should the borders not open. We are struggling to find flights into the US though which don’t take over 20 hours or don’t cost around £1500 each one way! Thanks
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’ve read that some insurers offer a top up premium to cover travelling against fcdo advice. I thought Staysure was one that offered it but I may be mistaken.
Staysure offer a top up option to cover FCDO but only for Europe I think.

staysure/fco-advice-travel-insurance/

Mick
Old 4 Jul 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Can I ask who you’re flying out of Barbados with? We are looking at Barbados for our 15 night stay at the end of July should the borders not open. We are struggling to find flights into the US though which don’t take over 20 hours or don’t cost around £1500 each one way! Thanks
American Airlines via Charlotte with a 1 hour 40 layover for around $700 one way. Also available was Miami which is a shorter flight but 3 hours 30 layover and a couple of hundred dollars more.

Flight prices are quite high at the moment as there don’t appear to be too many seats left.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kaiser7
Excited about Disney

We're going via Nassau. 15 nights, US pre-clearance (I think) and direct flights into Orlando. Then home from Miami.
kaiser7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
13th Floor
Proud to wear my Ears

We are booked for October flying direct with Aer Lingus from Manchester.

However, if we are not allowed in then we will consider staying with our daughter in Toronto for 2 weeks and flying down to Orlando from there.

We were meeting her, son in law & grandson in Orlando so flying down with them will be a solution if needed.

Fortunately, we are retired so timings are not an issue
2001 -All Stars Music
2009 - Saratoga Springs
13th Floor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
For the past 15 months I've fully supported every single optimistic post and it's great to see all this planning and enthusiasm to get to our favourite place.

However we can't be the only ones whose travel insurance becomes immediately invalid if we travel to any country contrary to FCDO advice and the USA is still on that list.

We're both post-cancer and 75 so sadly there's no way we would go with no medical insurance. We'd like to hang on to our house and assets.

A similar thread started a few days ago and the OP said something like "it's easy to pay an additional premium to cover the FCDO list". I politely asked for suggestions as to who would do this and the silence is still deafening.

Mick
I think Staysure will offer this but it only applies to European countries - haven't seen it anywhere for USA unfortunately
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bwfc4ife View Post
I think Staysure will offer this but it only applies to European countries - haven't seen it anywhere for USA unfortunately
Indeed so - I posted the link in my post #22 above

Mick
Old 5 Jul 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Indeed so - I posted the link in my post #22 above

Mick
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by harber78 View Post
I am in USA at the moment after spending 15 days in Mexico and had no problem entering USA from Mexico with esta and proof of onward travel and spending 14 clear days out of uk.

No test to enter Mexico, just lateral flow to enter USA and USA will never stop air travel between USA and Mexico as Americans visit Mexico a lot according to my son who lives in USA.

I booked my trip via BA flight only multi destination London to Cancun and USA to London and booked flight from Cancun to USA independently as BA or their partners did not have a direct flight for my destination in USA.

As for insurance my Nationwide Flex plus travel insurance covered me for everything except cancellation which didn’t bother me as BA allow cancellation. I am 67 with pre existing conditions and checked with them before booking as I would never travel without health insurance. They said as long as the category was all but essential travel then they cover and were aware I was visiting my son and family.

I have no regrets doing it as could see no end to these restrictions and wasn’t prepared to wait any longer to see family.
Hello,

We've just booked the Mexico option to get into the USA this summer. We've booked 15 nights to be on the safe side. Did you do 15 nights too or was 14 nights sufficient?
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi, we are due to travel to the US on the 23rd August.
We are wanting this cancelled now so that we can get our money back and use it.
The plan is to spend 15 nights in Mexico and then onto Orlando after.
We’ve looked into two return flights.
Gatwick - Cancun
Cancun - Orlando
Orlando - Cancun
Cancun - Gatwick
The cheapest option for the main flight is with BA.
We have looked at a couple of insurance companies that will insure us against FCO advice and battleface being one (way too expensive) and the other was something called fatcat (quarter of the price)
Anyway, there are insurance companies out there that will insure you. As a family of 5 with no health problems, Fatcat came out at £300 ish.
Nothing is booked yet as we are relying on our current flight being cancelled. We don’t want that flight to go ahead and then lose 2k.
Hope this makes sense 🙂
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List