Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What are you now doing for your 50th?

I know a lot of us turn 50 this year and like me were hoping to celebrate it in Orlando , so what are your new plans. We still plan to go next year ( if we can , who knows ) as we have another year of big family birthdays and celebrations but this year we will be in Wales in a forest lodge . Not quite what we had planned but at least I get to do something as hubby has to celebrate his in lockdown .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I couldnt do anything at all as it was March and we were well and truly in lockdown. My bff and fellow dibber Choppygirl are going to London in November for a couple of days, her 50th was 8 days after mine. We have been saving and are treating ourselves to afternoon tea, visiting kensington palace, seeing mary poppins, a meal at haed rock cafe and as many cocktails as you can shake a stick at!
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Not sure yet - mine is 30th Sept so hoping, seeing as I won’t be at WDW, the weather might at least be kind so that we could have a bbq on the beach. Will just have to wait an see. Whatever happens though it will be a great week, as my best friend is 50 the week before so we are going to celebrate with an afternoon tea, and the my eldest daughter graduates the day after. So lots to look forward to

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Afternoon Pimms tea, in the garden, signature bakes and my girlie group. Then an all day drop in 'at home in the garden' to celebrate 🍾 the last weekend of my 40s!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My Husbands is the 21st August, we were planning Florida but we will be in our caravan in Norfolk instead. Mine is December 2022 so hope we can celebrate both next year instead.
Old 7 Aug 21, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

DH’s is just before Christmas this year so I am hoping we can spend New Year in New York as a family.

Dee x
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Mine is today!
We just have some friends coming over and planned to sit out in the garden but that’s unlikely as rain is planned alllllllllll day here.

Next year our DD is 21 so I will have my fake fiftieth and we hope to celebrate with 2 weeks in Cozumel and Turks and Caicos islands.

WDW Visited in 1992, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
Disneymaddaddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ashcole
Getting Excited

I’m not 50 until October so keeping everything crossed that our trip to Florida goes ahead! DH is treating me and we have booked Key West, Miami, Vero Beach and a final couple of nights at SSR for some nice meals at Disney Springs and a day at Magic Kingdom. If it doesn’t go ahead we’ll probably just stay in the UK, I’d like to visit the Cotswolds and Brighton so maybe a wee road trip from Edinburgh.
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
Next year for us... DW and I are exactly 4 weeks apart on our birthdays and both turning the big 5-0 next year

Tring to plan to have both our birthdays over there next June / July... would mean a holiday spanning about 30 days ish obviously... my boss is Ok with this and DW is self employed so trying to make this work...!
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disneymaddaddy View Post
Mine is today!
We just have some friends coming over and planned to sit out in the garden but that’s unlikely as rain is planned alllllllllll day here.

Next year our DD is 21 so I will have my fake fiftieth and we hope to celebrate with 2 weeks in Cozumel and Turks and Caicos islands.
Happy birthday 🎉🎉🎉🎉 I hope the rain stays away for you and you get spilt rotten .
We are the same 21st, 18th and 25th wedding anniversary next year so will add our 50ths to that and hopefully have a blowout .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List