Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairygothmum
Very Serious Dibber

We've booked for May 2022 and I am positive it will go ahead as planned I don't have it in me to be a 'doom prophet' about these kinds of things so I am confident that we will get there, and even if we don't we wouldn't have lost anything.

The guarantees you get with booking now, as others have mentioned, have allowed us to lock in great prices without too much risk so I hardly think those of us who have booked for 2022 are 'stupid'

As for Disney making changes, I understand people not being happy about it because I am not 100% myself. but I am a firm believer that your holiday is what you make it. Even if I have to amend the itinerary 50 times (I've done it 3 times so far) it's all part of the fun of planning for me, personally.

As for Disney genie/Genie+ it remains to be seen. it could work really well and actually make the wait times shorter, or maybe it won't. but people need to not be so quick to judge. I am sure some people were the same when they switched from paper Fastpasses to FP+ and now everyone doesn't want that to go.
Don't get me wrong, I am under no illusion that they are diminishing the benefits these days, but I wouldn't let that ruin my holiday or stop me going to Disney. I'd just do my holiday the way I want to (which includes me not paying for Disney Genie+ ) I'd still stay onsite, because as this holiday booking has shown us, we can still get a good deal with staying onsite.

I am pleasantly optimistic that everything will be back up and running by the beginning of next year And if it's not... well... we're a few grand better off
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've booked it. Can't say I'm optimistic about getting there
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Fairygothmum View Post
We've booked for May 2022 and I am positive it will go ahead as planned I don't have it in me to be a 'doom prophet' about these kinds of things so I am confident that we will get there, and even if we don't we wouldn't have lost anything.

The guarantees you get with booking now, as others have mentioned, have allowed us to lock in great prices without too much risk so I hardly think those of us who have booked for 2022 are 'stupid'

As for Disney making changes, I understand people not being happy about it because I am not 100% myself. but I am a firm believer that your holiday is what you make it. Even if I have to amend the itinerary 50 times (I've done it 3 times so far) it's all part of the fun of planning for me, personally.

As for Disney genie/Genie+ it remains to be seen. it could work really well and actually make the wait times shorter, or maybe it won't. but people need to not be so quick to judge. I am sure some people were the same when they switched from paper Fastpasses to FP+ and now everyone doesn't want that to go.
Don't get me wrong, I am under no illusion that they are diminishing the benefits these days, but I wouldn't let that ruin my holiday or stop me going to Disney. I'd just do my holiday the way I want to (which includes me not paying for Disney Genie+ ) I'd still stay onsite, because as this holiday booking has shown us, we can still get a good deal with staying onsite.

I am pleasantly optimistic that everything will be back up and running by the beginning of next year And if it's not... well... we're a few grand better off
110% agreed with you….and I think there are that many of us going in May we should all have a group high 5 with no social distancing lol. I paid Ł150 deposit for flights,hotel and Universal tickets cheaper than what any other travel agent quoted me so the trigger had to be pulled. I also have an awesome back up plan and if that goes sideways too then will wait till my 50th in 2024 and have a nice big savings pot and a wee holiday in Spain via DLP.

Winner whatever way you look at it👍😁

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

We’re going to try again for August, but who knows what’ll happen - hopefully things will have calmed down a lot by then…they have to - don’t they ? !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

Also booked for May. So far just the flights so we’ll see what happens. I’m not happy about all the price rises and the extras so I think this will be our last trip for a long, long time and we’re going to go all out to make it a good one.
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re going in May as well. Staying at the Gulf Coast for 2 weeks with a 2 night stay at RPR in between. Everything all paid for except car hire 😊
Old 12 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

We’re going in May purely because that was the latest date we could move our cruise to from early last year.

But why does it seem everyone else is going in May? Seems by far the busiest month for bookings
Old 12 Sep 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We are booked for Christmas next year cant wait , we are doing a cruise for a week and then up to Disney for 2.. happy days, we did have August booked as well, but we had to move this years flights from another holiday over. Just got to hope they open the boarders
Old 12 Sep 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

End of June for us for 16 nights, booked ba flights and 8 nights saphire falls so far with a deposit only, iam not going to book anymore accommodation or car parking, car hire etc, until the us opens up.
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lossieglen
Very Serious Dibber

All booked for July 2022. All ready to cancel if civil war starts.
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List