Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Sep 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiebaz View Post
Just wanted to say we’ve booked our flight and car hire for next June/July for our road trip through Utah and Colorado. I am beyond excited to be planning again and knowing we will actually be able to go is a wonderful feeling. Anyone else booked on hearing the news yesterday?
Ooh I hope you do a trip report! Will you visit the Mighty 5?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
We booked yesterday too, we have flights to Atlanta and will do a trip through the mountains and Tennessee, can’t wait!
We were meant to do Atlanta and the Smokies last year, and then this year but will now definitely get there in 2023! Have a fab time

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I so want to do this! One of my good friends did this pre COVID and OMG the photos!
We’ve been planning it for a couple of years now so can’t believe we are actually going to do it!
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We enjoyed New England and have booked to go back. Not sure of our route yet but we have booked the first few nights in Boston. Boston is a great city to explore and has loads of history, which we enjoy. The rest of our plan would probably include places like Cape Cod, Acadia and Vermont.
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We are like you CFB, like to travel around (often one holiday Orlando / Gulf then somewhere else). 26 States down.

Favourites so far are Smokies and Carolinas (incl Hilton Head, Savannah etc), Arizona, Utah (all the national parks). Don’t care as much for the North Eastern States (poorer weather, expensive). Yellowstone is high on my list and I will be going soon.

The flights to Atlanta and going to Smokies is a great holiday, then onto Charleston, then Hilton Head (my favourite place possibly- day trip Savannah) then looping around.
Yellowstone is high on my list too! I think that holiday is scheduled for 2025 😂.
There are so many amazing places to visit outside of Orlando I could do a road trip every year for the next 20 years and still not see it all!
Will you reschedule your cancelled holiday from this year to next?

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes - definitely covering the big 5 and will do a trip report. I can’t wait!
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Flights are booked for NYC in August with 3 weeks to play around with. 3 nights there for a bit of sightseeing been before but I ❤️ NYC. (we have attraction tickets to use) then pick up a car and probably going to revisit our cancelled trip to Canada from 2020. Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec. Although considering a plan B to stay in US if there’s issues going into Canada but hopefully not!
We had a trip booked for this year which would have done California, Utah, Wyoming,
Colorado and NYC which was cancelled and decided to do that one next year for my husbands 60th.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiebaz View Post
Just wanted to say we’ve booked our flight and car hire for next June/July for our road trip through Utah and Colorado. I am beyond excited to be planning again and knowing we will actually be able to go is a wonderful feeling. Anyone else booked on hearing the news yesterday?
Still not booked flights. I've made notes of prices and routes over the last 18 months, but when I put my first choice into BA yesterday it seems that route has disappeared and other routes that were direct are now indirect . Will have to have a proper look soon.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
Still not booked flights. I've made notes of prices and routes over the last 18 months, but when I put my first choice into BA yesterday it seems that route has disappeared and other routes that were direct are now indirect . Will have to have a proper look soon.
Where are you planning on going?
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Our last US trip was in 2018 when we covered New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Smokies and DC.

With a couple of avios 2 for 1 coupons that expire next year have now taken the plunge and made the first of a planned 2 bookings.

The first trip is next July and after a debate between Texas, Toronto or Miami we've plumped for Miami and will do a week to the Florida Keys (our shortlist was determined by places that had availability for our dates as we wanted business class reward seats (to make full use of the avios voucher!) so limited options).

Trip 2 should be a week in October to New England so a few weeks to wait before flights are out.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List