Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We stayed at The Anaheim Hotel last month. I believe it's rated 3 star. The Tripadvisor reviews are really very good. We loved it. Opposite the park, probanly 10 minute walk which includes crossing the road, (sometimes the lights seemed to take a long time.)

We were with our children and grandchildren, l can't comment on cost because it was a treat for us but my daughter in law said it was very reasonable. It has a lovely vibe, sort of 60s/70s feel. If you ever watched The Wonder Years, thats what I mean. Staff were delightful, our room, that we shared with one of the grandkids was very large and airy, ground floor with a little garden. One of the loungers out there was stained, I mentioned this to the front desk and by the time we returned that afternoon it had been replaced. I've had slower service at 5 star hotels.

There's a large swimming pool with inflatables and they show family movies there in the evening. There's also lawn games but we never played. Because of covid they weren't open for breakfast but a few steps away were Denny's, IHOP and many more. We absolutely loved it and we'd make it our first choice if we were lucky enough to go again. Sorry if I've gone on a bit, it's just that it was so very nice 😀
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
We stayed at The Anaheim Hotel last month. I believe it's rated 3 star. The Tripadvisor reviews are really very good. We loved it. Opposite the park, probanly 10 minute walk which includes crossing the road, (sometimes the lights seemed to take a long time.)

We were with our children and grandchildren, l can't comment on cost because it was a treat for us but my daughter in law said it was very reasonable. It has a lovely vibe, sort of 60s/70s feel. If you ever watched The Wonder Years, thats what I mean. Staff were delightful, our room, that we shared with one of the grandkids was very large and airy, ground floor with a little garden. One of the loungers out there was stained, I mentioned this to the front desk and by the time we returned that afternoon it had been replaced. I've had slower service at 5 star hotels.

There's a large swimming pool with inflatables and they show family movies there in the evening. There's also lawn games but we never played. Because of covid they weren't open for breakfast but a few steps away were Denny's, IHOP and many more. We absolutely loved it and we'd make it our first choice if we were lucky enough to go again. Sorry if I've gone on a bit, it's just that it was so very nice 😀
That’s good to hear. I looked at this one a lot but saw a couple of reviews that put me off. I will have another look. I always liked the look of the pool, distance from the park etc.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I am really struggling with this too, I want walking distance, don't want a motel but my max budget is £150 a night and i can't seem to find anything in between motel and super luxury. I was hoping to get Hilton or Hyatt Regency OC or Marriott but prices aren't out for my dates yet (Nov/ Dec 2022). Also have no idea when the best time to book is

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I've found it incredibly difficult in choosing the hotel! I currently have the Howard Johnson Anaheim booked no deposit but may well change it. Lots aren't available to book yet for our dates in August. It's definitely the case you can book much later than WDW. I'm really considering Hyatt House at Anaheim Convention center as there is more around the area. I'm not sure a motel is for us. There are loads available at a good price but really want the internal corridors of hotel. Courtyard Theme Park Entrance looks good but isn't far off the cost of one of the Disney hotels.

It's a tough choice😃
I follow Disneylandtourguide on Instagram and she is staying at Hyatt House Anaheim at the moment and has just done a room tour on her story.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post

I’ve stayed at the Clarion and the Anaheim hotel. Loved the Anaheim hotel and the distance to the parks, the Clarion was ok for the price but I wouldn’t be in a rush to return. We’re booked for January and i think we’re going to try the Howard Johnson.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We pushed the boat out and stayed for four nights at the Disneyland Hotel, which I appreciate isn't an option for all.

However, watching a vlog from a UK vlogger (I can't remember which one now, unfortunately) in the past it struck me that their hotel which was "just across the road from the park entrances" was actually a reasonable hike - so much so that they took Ubers home after long days in the park.

A few dollars on an Uber is neither here nor there in terms of the savings on the on-site hotels, of course, but some research is clearly required, or possibly a bit of a trade-off of cost/distance.

When we were looking, and before we decided to stay at the DL Hotel - and we only booked our west coast trip three weeks in advance - I worked through this list: disneytouristblog/di...d-hotels-near/

There was plenty of availability at what seemed reasonable prices, so I can certainly confirm that, in the recent past, booking late on was not a problem at all.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post

This is good to hear! I have stayed in a few hotels in Anaheim, but never been totally happy with my choice. I have decided to book The Anaheim Hotel for our next trip as its ticking all my boxes, which are: easy walk to the parks, good size pool and a reasonable price. Primarily we will be in the parks, but its a plus that it will be within walking distance of cheesecake factory/bubbas, iHop is next door for breakfast and 7-eleven a short distance away for getting water/snacks etc.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

We stayed at the residence inn Anaheim/convention centre.
Apartment style accommodation with complimentary breakfast. Was super!
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I am really struggling with this too, I want walking distance, don't want a motel but my max budget is £150 a night and i can't seem to find anything in between motel and super luxury. I was hoping to get Hilton or Hyatt Regency OC or Marriott but prices aren't out for my dates yet (Nov/ Dec 2022). Also have no idea when the best time to book is
I’ve stayed at Hyatt regency, and it’s a good half an hour walk. It’s a nice hotel, but the bunk beds for the kids were uncomfortable, and when we were there there was some kind of dance competition in the convention rooms - meaning super crowded and very noisy in the main areas. I’ve also stayed at the candy cane inn (motel style hotel) and much preferred it, and it was only 10 mins walk (plus they had a free shuttle bus if you wanted). They’re currently doing major renovations, and should be reopening in the spring. That’s where we’re going to stay next summer hopefully.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
I’ve stayed at Hyatt regency, and it’s a good half an hour walk. It’s a nice hotel, but the bunk beds for the kids were uncomfortable, and when we were there there was some kind of dance competition in the convention rooms - meaning super crowded and very noisy in the main areas. I’ve also stayed at the candy cane inn (motel style hotel) and much preferred it, and it was only 10 mins walk (plus they had a free shuttle bus if you wanted). They’re currently doing major renovations, and should be reopening in the spring. That’s where we’re going to stay next summer hopefully.
thanks for the info- I might look at some other options then, it's so hard to choose the right one, they are either dated and motel style or high end luxury, nothing in the middle

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List