Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
I’ve just booked ours for August 2022 with virgin, I’ve paid exactly the same price as I did for my August 2021 flights.
Out of interest what did you pay?
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

If flying BA and your trip is fully within August, you could also use the flexible booking policy to cancel and rebook if you find better prices. You do get the cancellation in a voucher rather than a refund, but it can be used up until Sept 2023 so can use any remainder for another set of flights the following year. I did a cancel and rebook this week when my dates changed, whole process done online in a matter of minutes.[/QUOTE]

That's reassuring as I thought you had to call.
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
That's reassuring as I thought you had to call.
Note that it was for flight only. I'm not sure if the process is different for packages since the latter is through BA Holidays rather than just BA.

But lots of rebooking options were available online for flight only. I went with cancel and rebook since I wanted to change to LGW and the amend dates option was only showing LHR (my original airport) flights. Filled in the cancellation form, had the voucher by email a few mins later and used that to book the new flights.

Edited at 11:44 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We are in the same position cancelled August 2019, cancelled August 2020, got Disney hotel and park booking for August 2021 but not got flights yet.

Personally I'm waiting as I don't want to pay these extortionate prices. I'm going to keep looking, widening the search to airports other than MCO. Perhaps adding on a short city break before Orlando elsewhere if I find a good price.

For previous trips I've booked flights at various times. One year I booked Lufthansa for the following August a year out (£475 pp indirect), another year Aer Lingus were booked 7 months out (£609 pp indirect but with Dublin pre clearance), another year BA flights via NYC inc hotel booked 11 months out (£550 pp)...I could go on, but safe to say all were booked when I felt it was a 'good' price. As yet I haven't seen what I would call a good price for next summer so I'm still looking and as Bozza said I will pounce when a price pops up that I am prepared to pay.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 06:47 AM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I would bet good money that sooner or later there'll be decent indirect routings available with one/some of the US carriers in the £400-500pp range.

Once things open up and they ramp up their schedules again, they'll have seats to fill.

Check when you can, set up price alerts on sites that allow it and keep the faith!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I would bet good money that sooner or later there'll be decent indirect routings available with one/some of the US carriers in the £400-500pp range.

Once things open up and they ramp up their schedules again, they'll have seats to fill.

Check when you can, set up price alerts on sites that allow it and keep the faith!
This is what I'm hoping will happen when the USA actually opens up and more airline routes are open.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have flights 15th to the 29th with American airlines.
Got them for £550 each a week or so ago.
That indirect via Washington. So the flights are out there
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

The fact that the US airlines have more capacity to add does means we will still have hope. We too have looked at 2 day stopover "multi city" options as they are cheaper than in and out.
Without a doubt this year we've been trying more alternative options, and searching more intently than usual. Still to find anything that suits what we consider to be the benchmark price.
Old 14 Oct 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
J4ckSkellington
Earning More Ears

I'm looking at 19/08 to 02/09 LHR to MIA, 2 adults and 1 child aged 10 direct £1,764 so average out at £588 each which we are happy with.

I've done the drive a few a couple of times so that doesn't bother, and we were think of doing a couple of beach days this year in Clearwater, just might do them at the start of the holiday in Miami.

Me and my partner are double vaccinated but I'm unsure where we stand on our 10 year old, it's all very confusing.
Jun 06 Quality Inn Plaza Nov 08 Holiday Inn International Drive Nov 09 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas Nov 10 Orange Tree Villa Nov 12 Orange Tree Villa Nov 13 Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld Nov 14 Art of Animation Nov 16 Calabay Parc Villa Nov 17 Hotel Cheyenne Feb 18 Rosen Centre Nov 19 Calabay Parc Villa Aug 22 Dockside Inn and Suites
J4ckSkellington is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KitKatie
I want to go now!

I'm waiting for flights for my trip (Sept 22) to become available and i'm nervous that its going coincide with US border announcements so demand will be really high.

I think what a lot of people have said is the best way. I've got a number i'm willing to pay, if it hits that or lower I'm just going to do it! Fingers crossed.
KitKatie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List